Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   bet for great value? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250193)

econophile 11-01-2006 04:54 PM

bet for great value?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks,

readless

also, should i straight up reraise the flop?

gehrig 11-01-2006 05:12 PM

Re: bet for great value?

b/f

t donks the river maybe a third of the time and theres two of them on the board so u dont gotta be that worried

flop depends on ur opponent. 3bet the flop if u think they'll give u too much action with a draw or a t. raise the turn if theyre normal

_Z_ 11-01-2006 05:38 PM

I like a bet, you get called by a 9, QJ, KJ, or pocket pairs all day long here. I can't find the fold button if raised though. Maybe I should be able to. You need to be good only 8% to call a raise. I'd guess you have it. Reads?

Z

sightless 11-01-2006 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a bet, you get called by a 9, QJ, KJ, or pocket pairs all day long here. I can't find the fold button if raised though. Maybe I should be able to. You need to be good only 8% to call a raise. I'd guess you have it. Reads?

Z

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if you can't fold to a raise in this spot then you should check behind

_Z_ 11-01-2006 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think if you can't fold to a raise in this spot then you should check behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if I'm getting called a lot (which I think I am here). If I'm getting called 50% of the time, and check raised 25% of the time, bet/call is better than check. This holds true regardless of whether I'm good 5% of the time or 10% of the time when checked raised.

Z

CarpeDiem 11-01-2006 06:37 PM

I would check behind. I like the flop &amp; turn play.

Mossberg 11-01-2006 06:59 PM

Anything that involves folding is much worse than a plan which doesn't (in my opinion).

TheOffice 11-01-2006 10:30 PM

The only hand that makes sense for him to c/r on the river ia one that includes a T. I don't think there's a chance in the world, you shouldn't be value betting because you fear a T here.

VickreyAuction 11-01-2006 10:47 PM

Bet for great justice.

joker122 11-02-2006 12:01 AM

b/f. all sorts of crap calls this river.