Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   GOP to twentysomethings: No sex for you (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249600)

ElliotR 10-31-2006 10:13 PM

GOP to twentysomethings: No sex for you

From this story:

___

The federal government's "no sex without marriage" message isn't just for kids anymore.

Now the government is targeting unmarried adults up to age 29 as part of its abstinence-only programs, which include millions of dollars in federal money that will be available to the states under revised federal grant guidelines for 2007.

___

On the plus side, there's a lovely war you can fight in ...

hmkpoker 10-31-2006 10:20 PM

Re: GOP to twentysomethings: No sex for you

So this would be the junior anti-sex league, I take it.

Nepa 10-31-2006 10:23 PM

50 million Dollars for this? Where do they come up with these ideas?

tolbiny 10-31-2006 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddamn it. I always thought that book included some amount of exaggeration. I think i was wrong.

pvn 10-31-2006 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd 1984 reference today. Are we there yet?

Dan. 10-31-2006 10:30 PM

I don't care what your political ideology is, how can people support the current GOP?

hmkpoker 10-31-2006 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Wade Horn, assistant secretary for children and families at the Department of Health and Human Services, said the revision is aimed at 19- to 29-year-olds because more unmarried women in that age group are having children.

Government data released last month show that 998,262 births in 2004 were to unmarried women 19-29, the ages with the most births to unmarried women.

"The message is 'It's better to wait until you're married to bear or father children,' " Horn said. "The only 100% effective way of getting there is abstinence."

[/ QUOTE ]

Similarly, the only 100% effective way to avoid airline terrorism is to shut down all the airlines. The fallacy is obvious.

And secondly, abstinence is NOT the only 100% effective way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. ...isn't this the party that thinks that homosexuality is a choice? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Joe Camel 11-01-2006 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what your political ideology is, how can people support the current GOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Momentum. This is all the answer to the question, how can people still support the state?

AlexM 11-01-2006 01:43 AM

Woot, I'm 32. Free sex for me!

AlexM 11-01-2006 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't understood how anyong can support Republocrats for a long time now.