Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA - I _know_ I'm beat, where do I fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249465)

zEBBiE 10-31-2006 07:17 PM

AA - I _know_ I\'m beat, where do I fold?

Is it possible to fold these Rockets?

SB,BB and UTG+1 seemed loose-passive, although only after 20-30 hands, don't have anything more specific I'm afraid.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (14BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (22BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $0.3</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Results:
Final pot: 25BB

Comments on all streets welcome, this was a tough one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fadook 10-31-2006 07:41 PM

Re: AA - I _know_ I\'m beat, where do I fold?

You can fold the turn.

zEBBiE 10-31-2006 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]But it's not mandatory?

Aaron W. 10-31-2006 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]But it's not mandatory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'd probably call down because I hate folding overpairs.

Shillx 10-31-2006 08:12 PM

Flat calling the flop is better imo

Marquoz 10-31-2006 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a gutshot and an overpair, you have 6 outs on the turn. It's still a call with the pot laying 7:1. So is the river, since it's just one more bet. Yes, you've probably lost to a set, but call anyway. I don't fold this hand.

drzen 10-31-2006 08:21 PM

Your chances of being ahead on the turn are very slim if your read is good.

Xhad 10-31-2006 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a gutshot and an overpair, you have 6 outs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gutshot is worthless and youre A outs may not be good, espeically the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I think the turn is a fold and it's not that close.

Xhad 10-31-2006 08:52 PM

BTW, before someone trots out Ed Miller's crushing microlimits post and similar platitudes: Folding when you think you're beat heads-up but you can get to showdown for 1-2BB, and folding when you're almost always beat multiway when a raising war is still going on, are very different things.

Marquoz 10-31-2006 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a gutshot and an overpair, you have 6 outs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gutshot is worthless and youre A outs may not be good, espeically the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You're that certain someone has a 6? I'm not. I think the gutshot wins outright most of the time and chops/loses on occasion. As for the Ac, yes, it could make a flush, but the raising war here might have been between sets. I think 6 outs is pretty close to the correct value.