Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Most underrated NFL player (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248685)

BadBoyBenny 10-30-2006 08:38 PM

Most underrated NFL player

Since we have all the Best 10 and HOF threads going...

Here are the rules -

No Quarterbacks
No player from your favorite team
Recent production should be more important, I am not looking for the most underrated careers.

My first thoughts

Vince Wilfork
Adalius Thomas
Tommie Harris
Wes Welker
Chris Samuels
Jammal Williams

ridonkulous 10-30-2006 08:44 PM

Re: Most underrated NFL player

Reggie Wayne

HajiShirazu 10-30-2006 08:45 PM

Pretty much any good offensive lineman or defensive tackle - you have a good list to start off. Out of the top 20 most valuable players, probably 10-15 should be OL/DL. The problem is that without watching real game film for lots of hours, it's hard/impossible to see for yourself who the dominant linemen are.
Wes Welker? I dunno, even if he is good, and we never get Dolphins games (who does these days?) so I wouldn't know, the Dolphins O is really bad.

Spellmen 10-30-2006 08:53 PM

TJ Houshmandzadeh. Maybe not so much anymore, but Chad Johnson gets all the attention on this team

MacGuyV 10-30-2006 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Quarterbacks
No player from your favorite team

[/ QUOTE ]

Good rules. I agree w/ Haji that lineman should dominate any good list. Jammal Williams sounds as good as anyone off the top of my head.

TheNoodleMan 10-30-2006 09:18 PM

I don't like the no favorite team rule. If you watch a team all the time and know about a guy that doesn't get any press you ought to let us know about him.

BadBoyBenny 10-30-2006 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the no favorite team rule. If you watch a team all the time and know about a guy that doesn't get any press you ought to let us know about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are enough hardcore NFL fans on this board to know about every starter on your favorite team.

BobOjedaFan 10-30-2006 09:24 PM

Jeff Feagles, mainly because his position is under-rated

TheNoodleMan 10-30-2006 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are enough hardcore NFL fans on this board to know about every starter on your favorite team.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are some very under appreciated non starters on my favorite team.

Bullet_Dodger 10-30-2006 09:26 PM

terrell owens