Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I hate AQ so much. Hand vs Juanda, Niagara wpt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247703)

stevepa 10-29-2006 05:13 PM

I hate AQ so much. Hand vs Juanda, Niagara wpt

So I came into Day 2 of Niagara 7th in chips. Walk downstairs to get my table assignment and find Juanda, who's second in chips, sitting directly to my left. Early on I play a bunch of pots, winning a big one when some guy decides to get 60bb's in preflop with 55 vs my KK. This got me around 200k. Juanda has played a few but keeps getting raised and is down close to 130k of his original 175k. This is actually the first time he and I have been in the same pot, he's folded to all of my raises and has never called pf when I have. It's been a few orbits now so that's at least a little strange.

New woman comes to the table, she's fairly young and I'd played with her a tiny bit at the wsop. I don't remember much about her but I'm pretty sure she was a little too loose and played pretty straightforward post flop. So, 400/800/100, she raises to 2400 utg+2 with about 45k behind. I call in the hijack or so with AQo (no heart). Juanda calls right behind me and the bb calls.

Flop (Pot 11000): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet 7k, Juanda calls after some thought, everyone else folds. I mention to him this is the first pot we've played together and he smiles.

Turn (Pot 25000): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, he bets 15000 after a bit of thought, I think a little while and call.

River (55000): I don't remember exactly but a complete blank, maybe the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something
I check, he bets 30000, I call pretty quickly.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Steve

wazz 10-29-2006 05:18 PM

Re: I hate AQ so much. Hand vs Juanda, Niagara wpt

I think he has either 888, 333, or a busted heart draw - Kx hearts or Q/J/T hearts. I call the river. I like your play on all streets.

registrar 10-29-2006 05:18 PM

Just to clarify for the incogniscenti, he's gonna know who you are, right?

stevepa 10-29-2006 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify for the incogniscenti, he's gonna know who you are, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably...I'm not 100% sure as he is the least talkative person ever. Not in a mean way, he just seems like a really really quiet guy. The guy to my right recognized me though and has sort of been talking to me, so Juanda probably knows who I am at least.

Steve

Ansky 10-29-2006 05:20 PM

Looks like he has AQ too.

stevepa 10-29-2006 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I didn't really consider that too much at the time but that's definitely a part of his range. Do you think he's ever value betting worse than AQ here?

0evg0 10-29-2006 05:22 PM

it's close, but i make the call because i'm a station and because even pros who have played a million times more than me get out of line sometimes.

i dont think there's that huge a gap between folding and calling, but that being said, i imagine folding is probably the best play here. just not what i'd end up doing.

0evg0 10-29-2006 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I didn't really consider that too much at the time but that's definitely a part of his range. Do you think he's ever value betting worse than AQ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt really consider that either, and i'd have to guess he's betting AJ on this river at least often enough for it to matter.

MLG 10-29-2006 05:25 PM

steve,
I would have led the turn. why didnt you?

Ansky 10-29-2006 05:28 PM

mike,

I would not have led the turn. why would you?