Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   in memory of.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246229)

siegfriedandroy 10-27-2006 05:42 AM

in memory of....

my best friend in the world (at least one of my two best guy friends), david tice, jr., died on tues morning b/c of a brain tumor. brain stem glioma- it usually affects children, but somehow he was afflicted with this rare destructive cancer. i went to elementary school with him, but didnt know him until we were both 19 years old (he was friends w/ my other 'best friend' who i roomed with freshman and sophomore yrs of college at concordia university, irvine). i guarantee he is not 'nothing' right now. (sh*t journey just froze). to all you who think life ends at death, im pretty dam sure youre wrong. most of your arguments lack real substance. first thread i wrote here was 'atheistic morality', and many of your arguments were pisspoor at best. if you're a 'good' atheist, you should at least be able to admit that, despite your own practical, utilitarian moral preferences, in the platonic ultimate real 'sky', hitler destroying millions is infinitely 'worse' (however the hell you atheists choose to define it) than mother theresa loving millions...most of you are foolish. so obvious. never even question your first thoughts. arrogant...whatever...not my fault many of you cant think well....sorry im always vindictive. just the sh*t many of you believe is clearly wrong, and 'not even close'. victor said i 'dont know sh*t about poker' (when i drunk-posted some [censored] philosophy post), yet he makes thousands of dollars less than me per month (euphemism), playing lower limits. doesn't matter anymore. dave is gone. i mention victor, cuz he's not a bad guy, but an example of the 2y2 masses who are intellectually blinded. anyway, the point is that the human life is infinitely more valuable than the existence of the ant you squash in your living room. many of you say they are of equal value, yet in reality you deny your statement and reflect the truth. in english, your life is clearly more valubale than that of...doesnt matter, i miss my friend, but he's better off

yukoncpa 10-27-2006 05:46 AM

Re: in memory of....

My condolences. Sorry to hear of your loss.

siegfriedandroy 10-27-2006 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My condolences. Sorry to hear of your loss.

[/ QUOTE ]'

ty, sir. i am sorry, too. he was a good man.

MidGe 10-27-2006 05:55 AM

The loss of a good man is always a loss whether there is an afterlife or not, and he is probably better off now, regardless too, human life is worth infinitively more than whatever...

Sorry for your loss, mate.

siegfriedandroy 10-27-2006 05:58 AM

thanks

chezlaw 10-27-2006 06:45 AM

sorry mate. I'll raise a glass.

chez

Darryl_P 10-27-2006 10:55 AM

Sorry to hear that man. Life stinks sometimes. Condolences.

Prodigy54321 10-27-2006 11:04 AM

my condolences...

FWIW, I place a great deal of value on human life...as I am sure most atheists do.

FortunaMaximus 10-27-2006 11:27 AM

Think it all evens out in the end, brother.

But, yeah, it still hurts. Don't let it stop you from doing what you want to though.

K.