Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Stale observations people still think are funny/original/surprising (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241151)

private joker 10-20-2006 02:29 PM

Stale observations people still think are funny/original/surprising

I don't know if I can describe this topic very well, but every once in a while I hear some jackass make a comment that he thinks is really insightful -- when in fact everyone knows it already and we're sick of hearing about it. It's not news anymore; it's just a cliche.

Two decent examples of this are:

1) "Bob Saget is actually a really dirty, foul-mouthed comedian! Seriously! If you listen to his stand-up, you'd be surprised how R-rated it is!" No, I wouldn't. Everyone knows Saget is filthy. Welcome to 14 years ago.

2) "Alanis Morissette's song "Ironic" is not ironic at all! She misuses the word completely! Did you realize that?" Yes, as did everyone else when the song came out. We know the lyrics are not examples of irony. Can we just forget the song exists now please?

I know I have more, but I can't think of them right now. Care to build a solid list with me?

daryn 10-20-2006 02:32 PM

Re: Stale observations people still think are funny/original/surprisin

you have been posting well lately sir, keep it up!

it's not the heat, it's the humidity! no [censored] you idiot

man 10-20-2006 02:34 PM

Re: Stale observations people still think are funny/original/surprising

during the 2004 campaign, anti-Bush people would frequently say "It doesn't make sense to declare war on an ideology!"

1. terror is not an ideology
2. anyone smart knows it's just a catchy rallying point

the criticism itself didn't bug me as much as people who said it over and over like it was something insightful and intelligent.

*** 10-20-2006 02:49 PM

"you're gay"

private joker 10-20-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I hate this. Along with this are the idiots who keep mentioning that "well it's 106 in Tucson, but that's OK because it's a dry heat."

Ugh, shut up with the term dry heat. I know the difference between humid climates and desert climates. You know what else is a dry heat? A blow-torch. Leave me alone.

RayPowers 10-20-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I hate this. Along with this are the idiots who keep mentioning that "well it's 106 in Tucson, but that's OK because it's a dry heat."

Ugh, shut up with the term dry heat. I know the difference between humid climates and desert climates. You know what else is a dry heat? A blow-torch. Leave me alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is close to my common response to this crap, living in Arizona.

"Yeah its a dry heat. Like an oven."

Ray

gumpzilla 10-20-2006 02:54 PM

Bill Clinton was the leader of the free world; couldn't he have gotten some better pussy than that?

astroglide 10-20-2006 02:54 PM

every time the subject of somebody going to prison for a child-related offense is raised, some genius is compelled to "mention" that the other prisoners will hate them

olliejen 10-20-2006 03:00 PM

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!!!

The DaveR 10-20-2006 03:01 PM

OMFG suburban American life is both banal and scandalous!