Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   a7s small pot mway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241132)

Buckmulligan 10-20-2006 02:03 PM

a7s small pot mway

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](2BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: 2♣ (4BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB

Low Limit Loser 10-20-2006 02:07 PM

Re: a7s small pot mway

The turn should probably be bet. I don't want this to get checked around. Giving a free card here sucks.

I can give credence to the thought of CRing the turn but I think a bet is best.

As far as the River goes (as played), Agaisnt certain types of opponents, I might try to induce a bluff.

LLL

sean c 10-20-2006 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn should probably be bet. I don't want this to get checked around. Giving a free card here sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Buckmulligan 10-20-2006 02:10 PM

low limit-

[ QUOTE ]
The turn should probably be bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about why we'd bet here and a bet gets thinner and thinner.

[ QUOTE ]
Giving a free card here sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true at all, really.

[ QUOTE ]
I can give credence to the thought of CRing the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Once we check, villain bets, and it's back to us, do you really think we have that kind of equity to throw down a checkraise?

Shillx 10-20-2006 02:13 PM

Back when I played 5/10 in 2004 my line when I flopped a pair of aces-[censored] kicker from the blinds was to cc/cc/bet no matter what cards came. Everyone at the table would laugh at me but it worked every [censored] time as I would get paid off by the most random hands. I acutally love to slowplay this hand provided that your kicker sucks and the pot is small. It allows you to get away when someone flopped a big hand and you have little fear of getting outdrawn and losing a huge pot. Nice hand.

MacGuyV 10-20-2006 02:54 PM

I would just bet the turn and hope for calls from a spade draw, or a wheel/broadway gutshot. Check/calling down in small pots is fine most of the time because it's true that giving a free card isn't a big deal; but in a 4way pot where nobody takes a stab on the flop I think you're just getting taken to valuetown w/ a weak kicker most of the time.

milesdyson 10-20-2006 02:59 PM

agree more with mcgahee than shillx on this one given 4-way, passive low limit, no reads, and that the ace turned and didnt flop. they will call hands here, and unless you know someone is overaggressive, you're hoping that someone takes a stab 4-way on a card that most low limit players consider "scary."