Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QJs from sb .5/1 - shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241100)

train. 10-20-2006 01:28 PM

QJs from sb .5/1 - shorthanded

This hand came from the last session review. I don't remember any reads from the table (hell, i don't get very many reads when i'm playing, let alone when reviewing.) DrModern and myself didn't agree on how the hand was played and where the mistakes were.

Table had been short since BB sat down. He was 33/6 for just 18 hands. Button was 38/11 over ~50 hands.

(and it looks to me like the odds from the hand converter are wrong from the flop onward.)

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $38.65
Button: $11.60
train: $30.10
BB: $19.15

Pre-flop: (4 players) train is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls <font color="aaaaaa">(1.5:1)</font>, Button calls <font color="aaaaaa">(2.5:1)</font>, train calls <font color="aaaaaa">(3.5:0.5)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG calls <font color="aaaaaa">(5:1)</font>, Button calls <font color="aaaaaa">(6:1)</font>, train calls <font color="aaaaaa">(7:1)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
train checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls <font color="aaaaaa">(5:1)</font>, train calls <font color="aaaaaa">(6:1)</font>.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 3 players)
train checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, train calls <font color="aaaaaa">(4.5:1)</font>, BB folds.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">train bets</font>, Button calls <font color="aaaaaa">(6.5:1)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

RemyXO 10-20-2006 01:42 PM

Re: QJs from sb .5/1 - shorthanded

Ugh ... I don't see anything wrong with the way you played it. In the absense of reads, I say you are pretty surely behind on the flop, so drawing out to the flush with correct odds is the way to go. Raising flop is -EV, since there are only two villains left and you are risking a reraise. The only thing (MAYBE) is C/R the river, but I would go ahead and bet out just as you did.

Well played, IMHO.

cold_cash 10-20-2006 01:53 PM

Sometimes I'll spray on this flop to see if I can make everyone fold.

Otherwise it looks fine to me. (I don't really like checkraising this river.)

hustalasta 10-20-2006 02:29 PM

Why are you not check raising this flop? Both villains are over 30 VP$IP and you are worried about losing them if you check raise the flop?

edit: sorry, forgot this was short handed. If this was a normally full ring table that was short handed I would check raise the flop.

Buckmulligan 10-20-2006 02:32 PM

this isn't bad. Checkraising that turn and then leading any non AK river is probably also a decent plan.

DrModern 10-20-2006 04:25 PM

In my opinion, you have a greater than 35% equity on the flop with your overcards in addition to the flush draw. What's more, it's not super likely that any of your opponents connected with the flop. In addition, check-raising the flop might get you that excellent OOP free card.

Once you call the flop, I think, as Buckmulligan says, check-raising the turn is also good.

The way train played the hand is not horrible, I just think he could have gotten more value here.

RemyXO 10-20-2006 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, you have a greater than 35% equity on the flop with your overcards in addition to the flush draw. What's more, it's not super likely that any of your opponents connected with the flop. In addition, check-raising the flop might get you that excellent OOP free card.

Once you call the flop, I think, as Buckmulligan says, check-raising the turn is also good.

The way train played the hand is not horrible, I just think he could have gotten more value here.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, one opponent mucked. You are contributing 33% to the pot. There is no equity edge there.

DrModern 10-20-2006 04:35 PM

Um, if I'm contributing 33% of the pot and I have ~40% equity (an estimate for the flush draw and overcards) I definitely have an edge.

detruncate 10-20-2006 05:00 PM

You could try to c/r the turn after BB checks and Button bets, but the pot isn't very big and you're OOP.

I prefer your line without a more developed read.

davelin 10-20-2006 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this isn't bad. Checkraising that turn and then leading any non AK river is probably also a decent plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think we're getting enough folds to make this profitable?