Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Catch (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240855)

Justin A 10-20-2006 05:30 AM

The Catch

Sorry if this has been covered but I don't read this forum much.

I was rooting for the Cardinals, but Endy Chavez's catch tonight was one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen in baseball. Everything about it was great. Good jump on the ball, running full speed, timing his leap perfectly and pulling a ball back that wasn't even that close. Really amazing.

Jeff W 10-20-2006 05:31 AM

Re: The Catch

[ QUOTE ]
I was rooting for the Cardinals...

[/ QUOTE ]

Traitor. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Sheakspeer 10-20-2006 08:11 AM

Who wants to remember? We have a saying here in New York - FFFFuuuuuggggeeeeehhhhhddddddaaaaabbbbboooouuuuttt tt ITTTT!

JordanIB 10-20-2006 08:32 AM

Absolutely incredible. I don't know if I've ever heard Shea louder for a sustained amount of time. The place was going nuts through the whole commercial break. They showed the replay about 3 or 4 times, and each time they did, the crowd erupted as if we were seeing it for the first time.

I turned to my friend and said, "We better [censored] win this thing so that that catch becomes legendary!"

Well, unfortunately, you know the rest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Spellmen 10-20-2006 08:34 AM

I didn't know Dwight Clark played for the Mets

silentbob 10-20-2006 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know Dwight Clark played for the Mets

[/ QUOTE ]

prohornblower 10-20-2006 11:03 AM

um, also he doubled off Edmonds @ first.

It was a remarkable play. Absolutely incredible. He dropped Eck's foulball earlier, but caught the important one, lol.

What sucks is 98% of people will forget about this catch within 3 weeks.

JupiterUWG 10-20-2006 11:16 AM

was a great play.....in a bigger spot than Gary Matthews...but to the people that i've read that have said this catch was as good as that one...youre nuts!

Needle77 10-20-2006 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It was a remarkable play. Absolutely incredible. He dropped Eck's foulball earlier, but caught the important one, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he didn't know where the wall was which I felt was kind of wierd. He looked really akward on that play.

legend42 10-20-2006 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was a great play.....in a bigger spot than Gary Matthews...but to the people that i've read that have said this catch was as good as that one...youre nuts!

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't do the cool 270' spin after the catch that Matthews did, but I'd say the difficulty of the catch itself is easily comparable.

What made it so amazing to me is that he was able to take off from both feet and still get such a diagonal trajectory on his leap. It reminded me of those old Dominique Wilkins dunks.