Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   99 - second pair plus draws (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239420)

eviljeff 10-18-2006 02:12 PM

99 - second pair plus draws

2nd hand at the table

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($57.30)
CO ($83)
Button ($61.25)
Hero ($99)
BB ($129.95)
UTG ($33.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $14</font>

napkins 10-18-2006 02:20 PM

Re: 99 - second pair plus draws

No point in reraising, folding is a bit weak. I'd just call and reevaluate.

Dumle 10-18-2006 02:29 PM

Well, a case could probably be made for calling and reevaluating on the turn, but I just think your hand is way to weak for that. And the draws are really not much to put faith in. I'd just toss it.

Dumle

monkeymaps 10-18-2006 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No point in reraising, folding is a bit weak. I'd just call and reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you can fold here you have a ton of outs agianst a hand like AT

novel20 10-18-2006 02:58 PM

Fold and wait till you have a better read. When you play a hand, you don't act like a calling station by call and reevalute. You have to think ahead and decide what you are going to do based on what kind of turn card. Do you plan to stay till river?

What if your opponent has AcTd? And a 2c fall on the turn. What are you going to do?

As played, fold and wait till you have a better read and at a better position.

"I dont think you can fold here you have a ton of outs agianst a hand like AT" - SPEW

Paul Thomson 10-18-2006 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold and wait till you have a better read. When you play a hand, you don't act like a calling station by call and reevalute. You have to think ahead and decide what you are going to do based on what kind of turn card. Do you plan to stay till river?

What if your opponent has AcTd? And a 2c fall on the turn. What are you going to do?

"I dont think you can fold here you have a ton of outs agianst a hand like AT" - SPEW

[/ QUOTE ]

I like what this guy said.

monkeymaps 10-18-2006 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your prob right here just trying to learn to fold sr8/f draw even though your prob drawing thin.
AT is prob a bit hopefull at best

orange 10-18-2006 05:31 PM

Fold?

eviljeff 10-18-2006 05:37 PM

but the flop looks so pretty