Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Would a casual player benifit from RB? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239264)

Hellmouth 10-18-2006 09:03 AM

Would a casual player benifit from RB?

I have a friend who doesn't play much but used to play at paradise. He now wants to play at another site and I told him Stars or FT would be best. Should I get him signed up at FT with rakeback or just tell him to go to Stars, since I think the games and selection at stars would be better for him. He doesn't play much past .25/.50 LHE or .10/.25NL so I think that the bonuses would clear much better at stars.

Greg

Razazi 10-18-2006 09:14 AM

Re: Would a casual player benifit from RB?

Well he can really use the signup bonus, even though its very very slow.

and the RB in money is also nice, its 27% no mather how much you play.

Dont know very much about stars but you can buy gift stuff from amazone with the points, but its pretty slow if you are not supernova.

Lawman 10-18-2006 09:42 AM

If he's a casual player at those limits RB will be insignificant.

reddragon1 10-18-2006 11:19 AM

RB can never hurt especially with the first time bonus added also!

Lawman 10-18-2006 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, all other things being equal and if you are talking about playing at the same site with vs. without RB.

However in the present case OP was asking about two different sites one with and one without RB. Under the circumstances described I just don't think RB would be a major deciding factor.

Hellmouth 10-18-2006 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, all other things being equal and if you are talking about playing at the same site with vs. without RB.

However in the present case OP was asking about two different sites one with and one without RB. Under the circumstances described I just don't think RB would be a major deciding factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about Stars is no RB but I think that my friend could much more easily clear the bonus. At FT the signup bonus clears increadibly slow at .50/1 and I don't think it would clear at all at .25/50.

So I guess I will tell him to go with stars and if he ever gets his limits up a little higher hook him up with FT.

Greg

mrpotto 10-18-2006 04:32 PM

Define casual player. Am I a casual player if I play about 10-15 hours per week? I play $25/$50 NL and some small stakes SNGs. I just signed up with Full Tilt and after 3 days have cleared %9 in rakeback ($90 per mo. projection) plus about $20 of my sign-up bonus. First time I've used RB and I'm digging it!

RakebackToday 10-18-2006 10:27 PM

maybe clear the bonus on stars first and then move on to a site with rb. Can't beat rb in the long run