Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   When to leave a table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238149)

Reid L 10-16-2006 11:48 PM

When to leave a table

Ok fine, if youre going to silence me for thinking differently then ill change subjects. at what point should i leave a table. Now im not talking about when im playing bad and im down, im talking about being way up. for instance rght now i have $53 at a $10 max buyin table. I have to make this decision a lot and generally i find that when i get up big i dont win as much. so when should i leave the table? when i double up? should i stay when i have such a big chip advantage?

bozlax 10-16-2006 11:58 PM

Re: When to leave a table

Ok, apparently you still don't get it. This is a forum about LIMIT Hold 'Em. Go to the link on the left that says "Micro Stakes" (on my display, 8 lines below "Micro-Limit"), and try it out there.

And, fwiw, nobody tried to silence you. What they said was, playing LIMIT HE, any strategy that involves playing any two cards preflop sucks, and it does.

bravos1 10-16-2006 11:59 PM

when you are at a good table and playing well, you should not get up unless you have to....

It has become clear that you are playing NL. There is a Micro NL foruminstead of a limit one like this. Many of us play both, but yu have to keepin mind the forum when you look at the comments given.

Reid L 10-17-2006 12:00 AM

dang it, im sorry. when it sayed micro limits i didnt realize it meant literally limit poker, i appologize.

Nfinity 10-17-2006 12:04 AM

An answer to this question can be found in the answer to another related question...

why are you at the table to begin with?

Wetdog 10-17-2006 12:20 AM

If the table is good, quit when you are:
tired
drunk
blazed
tilted

That is all.

Happy pokering.

my self portrait--> <*{{{><

SheridanCat 10-17-2006 12:21 PM

I have a question for the Moderator who moved this thread here. Why? This isn't the forum for threads you find annoying or "simple". If you think the OP needs to find this forum, direct him here. Don't just dump threads here.

dc_publius 10-17-2006 12:33 PM

I'll give you a specific answer: 1.5-2 hours.

Personally, I have found this to be my biggest problem area. Obviously, table conditions change, people come and go, and part of your decision lies in who you are playing against. But also your opponents do get smarter, and you get more tired. After 2 hours of playing 25NL 6max 2-3 tables, I am not playing my best, and people are more likely to pick off my c-bets, float me on the flop, play more optimally against me, etc. For me to play well I need to stay focused and concentrate. I can't focus and concentrate for such long stretches of time. So... my answer... 2 hours to at least take a break.

johnnydrama 10-17-2006 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, apparently you still don't get it. This is a forum about LIMIT Hold 'Em.

[/ QUOTE ]

????? General Gambing\Beginners is LIMIT ONLY???

DeuceSeven 10-17-2006 02:57 PM

You only leave when the game is becoming hard to beat or you start getting tired/bored/drunk. I think this applies to limit or no limit. When I'm playing, when I stop has nothing to do with how much I've won or loss.