Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Ripped off by RakeTheRake! - Overreacted - Thread Locked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237620)

alphamale1 10-16-2006 11:05 AM

Ripped off by RakeTheRake! - Overreacted - Thread Locked

Rakethe rake sponsors a tournament for players that signed up through them at Party Poker every month. This is a freeroll for players that have played over 1000 hands in rake. Its values ranges from $125 to $250 per player
based on prize pool.

For October's tournament which is based on play in month of September, I requested to be able to play or be compensated by PartyPoker if Party does not allow me to play because I am a US citizen or compensated by raketherake otherwise.

Rachel at rakethe rake told me to contact party to see what they could do.
Vamsi, PartyPoker Customer Care, said “the tournament has been cancelled as per your affiliates request”.

RAKETHERAKE cancelled the tournament according to PartyPoker.
RaketheRake is keeping ALL of the rake.

Rachel at RippofftheRake told me “I really am sorry there is nothing we can do”.

RaketheRake does not reply to any further emails.

RipofftheRake boasts of having over 13,000 players signed up through them.
They advertise as being the RipoffRake professionals.
Smaller affiliates make millions a year in rake.

There is no reason for me to be affiliated with a organization that can do nothing for me especially when I continue to generate rake at other sites.

NoMeansYes_ 10-16-2006 11:08 AM

Re: Ripped off by RakeTheRake!

Well if you think about it, if they give you rake based on your MGR then they won't be allowed to be affiliates from Party and seeing as how you can't play, they aren't to blame, the bill is.

alphamale1 10-16-2006 11:11 AM

Well there IS something they can do. They can at the very least sponsor an event at another site for US players based on the rake that was paid and NOT DISTRIBUTED. As it is they are keeing the rake.

Dunkman 10-16-2006 11:14 AM

That's kinda unrealistic. If they did that half their players would complain about it being on the wrong site, not to mention who knows what other sites would even allow them to run the tourney. Then, they'd have to somehow figure out who all their players are at the new site and restrict registration to those people somehow. I understand your frustration, it's a [censored] situation, but I don't really see what else they could do.

alphamale1 10-16-2006 11:19 AM

Read my POST!
Party said RAKETHERAKE CANCELLED the tournament.
It allegedly is not being played at Party Poker either.

mayday4379 10-16-2006 11:58 AM

Jesus, there's a lot of stuff going on with sites closing down, restricting US players, etc. If you losing out on some f'n freeroll is the worst news you encountered this month, then move on.

ChexNFX 10-16-2006 12:33 PM

I suggest you better stop complaining about [censored] tournaments and start thinking about other, more important things revolving our beloved game.

RakeTheRake 10-16-2006 12:42 PM

WOW!
Firstly thank you to the other posters in this thread who are all making sense (at least those at the time of writing).

Now to the nitty gritty

1) We didn't cancel anything. RTR and the other 5 affiliates involved in the snowball provisionally stated that the Sept Snowball would be on the 15th (TBC). With the US crisis, Party didn't fix it up and hence not one of the potential 300 entrants received an email telling them the freeroll was deifnitely on the 15th.

[ QUOTE ]
I requested to be able to play or be compensated by PartyPoker if Party does not allow me to play because I am a US citizen or compensated by raketherake otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

We told you that we would ask Party if their software would allow players to play. We told you we would get back to you when we found out. Funnily enough they don't write back instantly. As for your compensation question, you asked if "Party would give you some cash or 40,000 Party points?" we told you that you could definitely ask Party, though they aren't well known for their generosity in compensating players.

[ QUOTE ]
RaketheRake is keeping ALL of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just making things up....we would never do that! We dont have to list the times we've paid out for rooms that defaulted on us (but of course we'll mention it!) and besides it's not all from our players...we have 5 partners in on this....!
All other 5 affiliates will tell you we have already requested trying to get it set up for Sunday 22nd. And other players who have asked will tell you the same.
We have never kept our players rake...how do you think the Snowball started in the first place? Because rather than keep the rake when rakeback ended we wanted to give it back in an alternative way.

[ QUOTE ]
RaketheRake does not reply to any further emails.

[/ QUOTE ]

RipOff Rachel has little time off on Sunday…but not to worry, we'll put an end to that. Lazy b*tch.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason for me to be affiliated with a organization that can do nothing for me especially when I continue to generate rake at other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Easily remedied.

Best wishes

RakeTheRake

BillJames 10-16-2006 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RipOff Rachel has little time off on Sunday…but not to worry, we'll put an end to that. Lazy b*tch.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL -- I'll always love the sarcastic British sense of humor.

Sometimes the only way to deal with libelous posts like the OP's is to hear from people that have had a good experience with the affliate, so I just wanted to pipe in and say that Raketherake has been a great affiliate -- I've never had any problems there, and they in fact paid me my owed rakeback from US-banned sites.

Nikoms 10-16-2006 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Best wishes

RakeTheRake

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You guys are hysterical. In all seriousness, I can't WAIT to sign up with RaketheRake (just waiting to verify my Neteller account). Rachel, although she may have had some time off on Sunday [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Actually emailed me TWICE that day to clarify some newbie questions I had. If that's the customer support they show to someone whose not even a customer yet, I can't wait until next week - good customer support - and with humor too!! Keep up the good work RTR!