Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   $400 PLO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=235126)

easycall 10-13-2006 03:29 AM

$400 PLO

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $593.25
UTG+1: $76
MP1: $123
MP2: $455.80
MP3: $826.30
CO: $338.60
hero: $475
SB: $344.40
BB: $418.20

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $14</font>, CO folds, hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($44, 3 players)
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $32</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($108, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $105</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero ...</font>

Mp3 is quite loose, and my flop bet is nothing unusual when i have position. I rarely bet pots so my bet shouldn't really mean I'm strong or weak to them.

Thoughts on this turn from the gaybet pot?

liquid 10-13-2006 09:24 AM

Re: $400 PLO

I'd say J9xx (where xx are other high cards) and AAxx/KKxx/AJxx with hearts are equally consistent with a flop float and turn donkbet. If foe is aggressive he may have a worse holding a small portion of the time. Of his possible holdings you're ahead of (a) air and (b) AKQT no hearts.

Argument for push-or-fold: You have lots of potential outs (4s, 8s, hearts, 5s) but do not know which are good, which may make the river awkward.

Argument for call: Most of your outs are so strange, foe may have trouble check-folding top two pair on the river if you hit.

p.s. Situation is less interesting if you fold preflop.

instability 10-13-2006 12:44 PM

Based on the information you gave us, one possibility is he's a big stack trying to bet you off the pot. Another is, the turn could have made his hand into a big draw.

He's big stack, but I wonder how he got it.

If I have no reads on an unknown, it really seems like a cointoss here. I could see myself pushing or folding... probably 75% chance I'd fold here.

Sort of hard to say, and stupid to discuss. Because it seems both you and him are playing off a read of each other and/or the table.

easycall 10-13-2006 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the information you gave us, one possibility is he's a big stack trying to bet you off the pot. Another is, the turn could have made his hand into a big draw.

He's big stack, but I wonder how he got it.

If I have no reads on an unknown, it really seems like a cointoss here. I could see myself pushing or folding... probably 75% chance I'd fold here.

Sort of hard to say, and stupid to discuss. Because it seems both you and him are playing off a read of each other and/or the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting...maybe it is too much based off a read. he bascially got his stack being crazy and playing "bad"...I dunno, I love playing pots with guys like this, that's why I called in position with my weak hand.

Anyways, I pushed the turn.

- Jordan

CallYNotRaise06 10-13-2006 02:15 PM

i really think he has J9 here, so i like your shove.

TxRedMan 10-15-2006 12:58 AM

fold preflop and it's not even close.

blopp 10-15-2006 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, flopping alot bad draws. Leak. Make the Qh an Ah and its a call.

- B

BobAllinSki 10-15-2006 08:41 AM

I prefer a push to a call but I'd say fold, none of your outs are outs that you can be to confident with when you hit so your implied odds are minimal, you only have direct odds to call if all your 2 pair outs are good and even then implied odds are more against you that with you. The only reason to continue is if you think your opponent has nothing, but as you could easily be behind that nothing then a push is better than a call, but I'd say the default is to fold.

AMT 10-16-2006 02:26 AM

im probably folding preflop as well as on the turn as played

BluffTHIS! 10-16-2006 03:08 AM

Fold pre and fold the turn as well unless he will pay you off with a worse hand if you call and hit, or can fold AA if that's what he has and you shove. Notice that although he might be a bad player and you thought you could call with garbage because you had the button, he engineered a situation where he negated your position somewhat by a c/c on a raggedy board and then leading the turn when a drawing card came putting the committment decision on you.