Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Growing Mushrooms (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234832)

kurosh 10-12-2006 09:02 PM

Growing Mushrooms

So, this is my new hobby - growing mushrooms, LEGAL and edible mushrooms, not psilocybe cubensis (magic), although you could grow them the exact same way.

I researched and found the mycodome. The mycodome has everything you need to start growing mushrooms, including a sample of edible spores. This runs about $230 with all the upgrades. There are cheaper kits available, but they either are more difficult or don't yield as much. I would recommend this.

Unless all you want to grow is the sample you get with the mycodome, you will need to buy spores. This is the best website I've found for spores.

Some descriptions of the various strains.

The B+ strain is generally recommend to beginners for cubensis types because of its resilience and good growing speed. However, PESA seems more appealing to me. I would use that.

For more information:
These seem to be good forums
Another site you can order things from
Videos
More Videos

I got the mycodome two days ago. I've innoculated the substrate jars with the mushroom spores. Apparently it takes around two weeks for them to fully colonize and then I move on to the next step.

neuroman 10-12-2006 09:04 PM

Re: Growing Mushrooms

[ QUOTE ]
LEGAL mushrooms

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JasonK 10-12-2006 09:04 PM

Some mushrooms seem to pop up in my front yard every now and then. Amazing how fast those things grow. It's like one day there's nothing then the next there's a few 3-4 inch shrooms in the grass.

Keepitsimple 10-12-2006 09:10 PM

kurosh, you are my hero

A_C_Slater 10-12-2006 09:17 PM

I bought one of these kits 3 years ago for a friend who said they would pay me back with 100% ROI once they grew and sold them. He claims they didn't "work" and is in the Army now. I still have the money order receipt in my wallet. (Checks wallet) it was only $210 at that time. I hope the insurgents get him.

GTL 10-12-2006 09:37 PM

kurosh, check your pm's. I have experience and can offer some good advice for any problems you might run into. it is fairly easy to grow them, but you generally wont be able to do it on the first try. With a little practice, it will be very easy for you.

szw 10-12-2006 09:40 PM

what kind of mushrooms are you planning on growing? Exotic/pricier mushrooms or just...regular mushrooms?

GTL 10-12-2006 09:42 PM

shitaki mushrooms are actually quite difficult to grow compared to cubensis.

kurosh 10-12-2006 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of mushrooms are you planning on growing? Exotic/pricier mushrooms or just...regular mushrooms?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The B+ strain is generally recommend to beginners for cubensis types because of its resilience and good growing speed. However, PESA seems more appealing to me. I would use that.

[/ QUOTE ]

szw 10-12-2006 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I read that. Tranlation for those of us who don't speak fungi?