Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK TPTK, meeting aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234280)

ciro bonano 10-12-2006 05:48 AM

AK TPTK, meeting aggression

Hi, I have some questions about this hand. No good reads on SB yet. I just knew 5 minutes what a 'sexy' was and it happend to me.

Looking back I prob should have 3-bet the flop; I don't know why I didn't do that. If he then caps the flop I just c/c the turn & river?

Everest Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

nach0king 10-12-2006 06:04 AM

Re: AK TPTK, meeting aggression

Grunch (i.e. newbie)

*Why* didn't you raise the SB on the flop? I know you're saying you should have but why didn't you? What do you figure him for having at this point?

I'd raise the turn, if he re-raises, check river. It just seems to me quite unlikely that he called a preflop raise with, say, a 4 and a 6, and his check-raise on the river seems like such an unlikely move for someone who's hit trips on a 7 or something.

Basically I think you should have been more aggressive early on rather than waiting until the end. I don't have him figured for three of a kind 5s.

jakbse 10-12-2006 06:31 AM

I don't understand your play on this hand. You get c/r at the flop which is a pretty strong move, but you're ahead way more often than behind so just go ahead and 3-bet. The turn isn't scary enough to pull the brakes HU, as played I could imagine rasing here. You're probably toast on the river, but you have to call this.

OziBattler 10-12-2006 07:01 AM

3 bet the flop. SB is probably just trying to steal from you because he thinks you wiffed. 3bet that mofo and then the hand plays differently from there. If you dont 3bet the flop then that could be cos you are waiting for the turn to pop him so as played raise the turn. If you still meet aggresion them get to SD cheap. thats what Id do.

I bet you lost to 7x where x is a face card.

shimoda 10-12-2006 07:24 AM

3-bet the flop, raise the turn. You have top pair with excellent kicker. Don't think SB would have called a preflop raise with a 6.

ciro bonano 10-12-2006 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand your play on this hand. You get c/r at the flop which is a pretty strong move, but you're ahead way more often than behind so just go ahead and 3-bet. The turn isn't scary enough to pull the brakes HU, as played I could imagine rasing here. You're probably toast on the river, but you have to call this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I now see that I just didn't think enough, and thought about this too simple: he c/r so I'm behind, but he checks river so I'm ahead and therefore I bet.

(Anyway he had KT, but I still feel bad about this hand.)

Sushiglutton 10-12-2006 08:07 AM

My standard line is: 3-bet flop. If cap call down, bet when checked to, never fold. If no cap keep betting til further resistance, then call down.

knockonwood 10-12-2006 08:16 AM

Yeah, 3betting the flop is 'standard'. I know with a flush draw and TP a semi-bluff raise on the turn seems right, but HU against OP who will not fold his hand, i'd rather call it down.

knockonwood 10-12-2006 08:17 AM

edit - not really smi-bluff raise, more value.

Fadook 10-12-2006 09:29 AM

Calling the flop raise is ok if you think he's aggressive enough to bet the turn and you raise it there. But against an unknown, just 3-bet.