Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cash outs for Aussies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234245)

BrendoK 10-12-2006 03:47 AM

Cash outs for Aussies

Hey, Am about to make my first cashout from stars and was wondering if any Australian players had any advice, particularly wondering if anyone is using the cheque option, how long does it take, etc??

vilemerchant 10-12-2006 03:57 AM

Re: Cash outs for Aussies

Cheque is about the worst way you can cashout to Australia for the following reasons:

1. You wait weeks for the cheque
2. It'll be some dodgy ass US$ cheque from some crazy little offshore bank your bank has probably never heard of, they might even accuse you of having a fake cheque :P
3. You'll get raped on bank fees aswell as the exchange rate.

Just get a Neteller debit card, there's a few fees for that too but it's far cheaper and you'll get the money in the 15 minutes with nothing to worry about.

BrendoK 10-12-2006 04:02 AM

Info on stars says that they use westpac bank for australian currency, how do i get the netteller debit card, tried to sign up once and had a lot of trouble...

Hyperion 10-12-2006 04:03 AM

Yep I'm an Aussie. The best way to cashout from Stars is to use Gary Benson's service, you can find more details on searching the noticeboard at www.pokernetwork.com. If you transfer him the money, he'll deposit into your specified AU account within 24 hours at most.

However, what I did for the first time recently was cashout through Party Poker straight into my bank account, it was very quick and there is no fee (pretty sure I even made a gain on the forex trade because their's doesn't automaticaaly update and there is zero spread I believe).

Don't use cheque, you'll piss away like 10% on fees.

Mr_J 10-12-2006 05:16 AM

Some banks (I'm not sure all do) force you to put foreign currency cheques >$1000AU into a term deposit.

Cashing out with neteller debit card eats up too much in currency exchange.

My advice would be to get a bank wire, although you should check out hyperions suggestion.

aujoz 10-12-2006 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I'm an Aussie. The best way to cashout from Stars is to use Gary Benson's service, you can find more details on searching the noticeboard at www.pokernetwork.com. If you transfer him the money, he'll deposit into your specified AU account within 24 hours at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've used this guy on a number of occasions and it works great.

Sciolist 10-12-2006 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. You wait weeks for the cheque

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheques for $1,000 or more will be sent by courier at PokerStar's expense. It won't take weeks for a sub $1k cheque either, though it depends on the AU postal service.

[ QUOTE ]
2. It'll be some dodgy ass US$ cheque from some crazy little offshore bank your bank has probably never heard of, they might even accuse you of having a fake cheque :P

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the name of the bank, but it's not crappy, it's in Canada rather than offshore, and we've processed literally thousands of them with very few problems at all.

[ QUOTE ]
3. You'll get raped on bank fees aswell as the exchange rate

[/ QUOTE ]
You can request the cheque be sent in AUD. We give our players the same rate that our bank gives us. Right now, that's 1.343544. If your bank charges you a lot for depositing a cheque, I suggest changing banks.

OziBattler 10-12-2006 06:54 AM

If you use neteller then stars will only let you cashout your winnings via another method. I dont know what they do if you made your deposit via c-card or other methods.

also the following Aussie cashout Thread should be of interest to you.

Sciolist 10-12-2006 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you use neteller then stars will only let you cashout your winnings via another method. I dont know what they do if you made your deposit via c-card or other methods.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can cashout however you like - you can withdraw by NETeller if you want to.

vilemerchant 10-12-2006 07:45 AM

OK Pokerstars may have their act together a bit more in regards to cheques and currency, but they are definitely the exception. As a general rule poker site cashouts by cheque are pretty dodgy.