Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Blind steal vs. legit raise - theoretical question *DELETED* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=23044)

suzzer99 01-28-2006 07:26 PM

Blind steal vs. legit raise - theoretical question *DELETED*

Post deleted by suzzer99

daryn 01-28-2006 07:27 PM

Re: Blind steal vs. legit raise - theoretical question

[ QUOTE ]
I borrowed this setup from my other hand and tweaked it a little, to get at a problem I've been mulling over:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t4815)
SB (t1780)
BB (t1915)
UTG (t4990)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, Hero raises to t450, 1 fold, BB raises to t1780, Hero?

So let's say I have a read on SB and BB as TAG 2+2ers. If they push over me I know I'm behind, very likely dominated. Furthermore having played with them a bunch, I have a very strong read that they almost certainly will never just call (unless maybe they have AA or something, but they know I know them well enough to know that would look suspicious). Is this realistic to say I have this read in this situation? Seems like it could be, but I'd love to hear what other, more experienced players think.

Now if I don't intend to call this push, as many would probably suggest, what difference do my cards make? I might as well have 42o. Before I bet, A8o rates to probably be the best hand, but why would I treat it any differently than 42o in this situation? So do I start stealing with 42o, or folding A8o? The only caveat I can think of is obviously I can't go stealing every round. But let's say I've been quiet a while, why wait until A8o to try to take this? I guess there is a slightly better chance my opponent won't push, since i have one of the Aces. But is that enough to treat A8o any differently than 42o, assuming the reads above and my tight table image?

Seriously sort-of stumped.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, fold

jesusarenque 01-28-2006 07:27 PM

Re: Blind steal vs. legit raise - theoretical question *DELETED*

fold

ScottieK 01-28-2006 07:28 PM

Wrong forum, chief.

And yes, fold.

ScottieK

suzzer99 01-28-2006 07:28 PM

No [censored], darryn is a true [censored].

RiverTheNuts 01-28-2006 07:35 PM

the only reasons you have for raising this over complete garbage are if blind stacks are low and you will get odds to call a push, or if they do call, you probably have the best hand, and you have position postflop

suzzer99 01-28-2006 09:17 PM

Can we start giving out '*'s for this kind of crap? I deleted this post 20 sec. after I posted it. Or maybe a douche-bag-of-the-month award or something similar darryn can put on his mantle?

Scotty. 01-28-2006 09:24 PM

I think it was hilarious

suzzer99 01-28-2006 09:29 PM

Becaue he caught me making a post to a wrong forum and immediately replied to it, like has been done countless times?

Ok. I guess some things never get old.

Go_Blue88 01-28-2006 09:30 PM

I think it's pretty funny that he quoted it. Especially b/c you're getting so angry about it. The situation went from somewhat humorous to hilarious.