Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KJs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=225446)

btspider 10-01-2006 12:53 PM

KJs

feel like posting a hand:

villian is new to me. he's been a bit laggy, but running well at the same time. 40/25/2.2 after 2-3 orbits. not a solid read for his long term playstyle unfort.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

Q's:
1. call flop c/r?
2. check turn?
3. call riv?

bennyhana 10-01-2006 01:02 PM

Re: KJs

I would rather bet/fold the turn, than call this river. I don't think you are good enough times, and the pot is tiny.

btspider 10-01-2006 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather bet/fold the turn, than call this river. I don't think you are good enough times, and the pot is tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good as a standard, imo.

however, do the gutshot and potential laggro villian make a check, river-call worth considering? what if the flop deuce were a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

bennyhana 10-01-2006 01:17 PM

if the flop deuce were w club I definately bet and call the turn c/r. That doesn't make your river decision any easier. I guess if he c/r'd the turn too, a river fold would be easier.

V4P 10-01-2006 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, do the gutshot and potential laggro villian make a check, river-call worth considering? what if the flop deuce were a ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check that turn for sure, but I'd still have a hell of a time calling a river bet UI

btspider 10-02-2006 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the flop deuce were w club I definately bet and call the turn c/r. That doesn't make your river decision any easier. I guess if he c/r'd the turn too, a river fold would be easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, a flop [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't affect the river. was curious if it made you more likely to check the turn.

i folded the riv and have been really curious what he had ever since.

any other opinions on the hand?

DrModern 10-02-2006 09:12 AM

I check the turn and fold the river.

Might bet-call the turn if the 2 were a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Absolution 10-02-2006 09:43 AM

Your play looks like whiffed overcards so you could try and represent it on the turn. If he is doing anything other than bluffing though he'll probably call you down on that board. I would probably call the river as played because this is a decent board to bluff on and I would like the information.

ThunderEagle 10-02-2006 09:50 AM

*grunch*

I'd continuation bet the flop heads up as well. I'd also call the flop check/raise as BB could be check raising a T putting you on missed overs, or just figuring you missed and giving you a reason to fold.

Since the scare A hits the turn and villian now checks to you, I think I have to take his invitation to bluff at the pot, but that is the last chips I put in this pot. So, bet fold the turn, and check behind UI on the river.

As played I think you have to fold the river, as the action would indicate villian does have a T.

Sushiglutton 10-02-2006 10:10 AM

If he is running well he may not be laggy at all like u say.

I think u should call flop with two OC's and BDSD (ok two flush...) HU.

What makes the turn tricky is that I wouldn't check it if I was villain with any hand. I would always bet the turn, if I decided to CR the flop HU. Correct?

So what does his check means. Here are three suggestions: a) He was bluffing and is now giving up
b) He has a strong hand and wants to go for another CR
c) He has a weak made hand and wants to get to sd cheaply.

a) Makes no sense at all. Why bluff the flop, he will nearly always get called when it's T-high, and then slow down?
b) No reason to believe u are going to bet and there exist no monsters with all those possible draws. Still he may hope u have an A, or intepret his check as weakness.
c) The most likely IMO. I would never do this, but some people get scared if they have a weak hand and an A appear. Checking is usually a scared move. If this is the case he is not folding.

I think this analysis shows that the best line is to check turn and fold river UI.