Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KTs , Insta call on river with 1 pair (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=225200)

Tickner 10-01-2006 12:54 AM

KTs , Insta call on river with 1 pair

Just sat down........

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $246.55
UTG+1: $99.50
CO: $98.50
Tickner: $102.80
SB: $269.51
BB: $99

Pre-flop: (6 players) Tickner is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $5</font>, CO folds, Tickner calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($21, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Tickner bets $18</font>, SB calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
SB checks, Tickner checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $45</font>, Tickner Insta-calls.

Push_Fold 10-01-2006 12:57 AM

Re: KTs , Insta call on river with 1 pair

Calling pre w/KTs is pretty thin. If I make that call I need to make or have a draw to a big hand on the flop. You flop TPGK and that is about all. With no reads I am not going to far with this.

Count Stackula 10-01-2006 01:00 AM

I would fold the river....Also i am not calling this preflop (i know you were not asking for preflop advice though coz whatever works for you works)...but yea..i am folding this river

cbloom 10-01-2006 01:09 AM

I would fold preflop. Hard to guess what SB has here. I might call cuz I'm curious, but it can easily be something like K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Tickner 10-01-2006 01:35 AM

Its also just as easy to put him on a FD with no pair.

MLSchaff 10-01-2006 02:25 AM

I'm checking the flop behind here. Its unlikely that you are going to take down the pot against 3 villains, and when you are called you have no idea of knowing where you are at. Without stats/reads I'm folding river here.

wall_st 10-01-2006 02:31 AM

Does this belong in BBV because you made some awesome call on a scary board with no reads ? I think this is pretty bad I am checking the flop and def folding the river in this situation. Maybe heads up it is a different story, but at .5/1 nl not that many villans like to bluff their busted flush draws.

Keyser. 10-01-2006 02:35 AM

I think this is probably fine. He probably is slowplaying a monster at about the same frequency he is bluffing.

Tickner 10-01-2006 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this belong in BBV because you made some awesome call on a scary board with no reads ? I think this is pretty bad I am checking the flop and def folding the river in this situation. Maybe heads up it is a different story, but at .5/1 nl not that many villans like to bluff their busted flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

I think that busted draws are probably the main source of SSNL bluffs.

catalyst 10-01-2006 03:18 AM

I am folding to this bet on the river. SB's calling your near PSB on the flop with 2 players left behind is scary. Given his actions, I think he is slowplaying a made hand here and I will give up on the river to his 4/5 pot bet. Without a good read on the player as having a tendency to make near PS bluffs on the river I am pitching this hand.