Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPTK against all in on flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222912)

ragip 09-28-2006 06:36 AM

TPTK against all in on flop

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

edit for stack sizes and (non)reads: Button has 1 buyin, about 10$, I cover, having doubled up the previous hand with KK, so he may think I'm solid. SB plays every hand for every raise so nothing to worry about. My first time playing with button and he hasn't played a hand yet, but it has only been one orbit.

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.8</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.2, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.2</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $9.45</font>, SB folds

I'd been sitting at the table for about ten hands, and button hadn't played a hand yet. Obvious fold? Also, should I reraise preflop? If so, how much?

tojx 09-28-2006 06:39 AM

Re: TPTK against all in on flop

stack sizes? Any reads?
[edit: didn't read the last paragraph of your post. Call if you want to gamble. I probably would here because his all-in isn't that much. To your question about a possible preflop raise: You're not in position and have a raise and reraise before you. Unless you have QQ+ a raise is a NO]

testaaja 09-28-2006 06:44 AM

I would usually reraise or fold pf but not call. By reraising we either win it or then face a call/fold situation. As for the flop, I'm not sure if I can fold. KQ or lower PP like JJ or QQ can make this (donks..)
By playing pf differently I think that you have an easy decision if it even gets to flop.

pernavoi 09-28-2006 07:09 AM

I would guess he has hit set to his 9's. And his all-in bet is big for NL10. You can see wild all-ins in NL10 but I think you will get better chances to put your money in the middle.

MortenTA 09-28-2006 07:20 AM

I call here.

If this was i higher limit I would fold. I just think that this move can be done with too many hands at 10NL.

He might have a set but so be it.

Dastone 09-28-2006 07:26 AM

I think I would raise it 2 bucks pf, and try, and get heads up with SB if he is donk like you say. You will have postition after the flop if he just calls, and you will have driven out the other players. If button calls your big raise, or reraises procceed with caution, and/or possibly fold.

As played, on the flop I think you can call, his bet is not extremely large in relation to the pot. He didn't 4 bet preflop, so he likely doesn't have AA or KK. A set would be unfortunate, but I think you are beating enough of his other possible holdings to make this a good call.

Galilee 09-28-2006 07:40 AM

Is it likely at this level that the button is pushing a straight or flush draw?

Jouster777 09-28-2006 07:44 AM

I call here...you only need to put $6 more into a $15 pot.

This can be a FD, combo draw, KQ, AK, or air in addition to hands you are behind. I expect you to win or chop this about 50% of the time.

Dan Bitel 09-28-2006 07:53 AM

push preflop (or at least 4bet)

and call the push on the flop

ontiltsoon 09-28-2006 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push preflop (or at least 4bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this pretty standard? I'm new to NL and found a couple of situations where someone miniraises and TAG raises him and I'm in a blind with AK. Is it an easy push? I supose you must belive raiser number 2 can fold some hands...