Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NYC - Locking threads (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222630)

IgorSmiles 09-27-2006 09:01 PM

NYC - Locking threads

TT,

I understand your desire to protect the New York scene and the various rooms. I even understand your stance about the owner's wishes, and how they take a great deal of risk.

However, we all come to this board to get information. If a place plans to reopen, and has been robbed twice, dont I have a right to know that? By patronizing the room, I'm taking risks too.

Not trying to give you a hard time, really. But I wish you wouldnt be so quick to lock a thread like that as it's information I'd like to know to take into account whether I want to patronize a place.

foxw00ds player 09-27-2006 09:07 PM

Re: NYC - Locking threads

anybody know any med stakes limit games in nyc

AngusThermopyle 09-27-2006 09:10 PM

If the owner of the club does not want his business discussed here, and you insist it should be, I don't think he would want you as a customer.

I surely wouldn't.

IgorSmiles 09-27-2006 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the owner of the club does not want his business discussed here, and you insist it should be, I don't think he would want you as a customer.

I surely wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with anything? I would think the purpose of this board is for players to network and exchange information. Not to shill for the local cardrooms.

IgorSmiles 09-27-2006 09:13 PM

It's my business too if I'm paying $5/an half to play and someone sticks a gun in my face, no?

AngusThermopyle 09-27-2006 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's my business too if I'm paying $5/an half to play and someone sticks a gun in my face, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple. Go to the club. Tell the owner that you insist on discussing his private, illegal club in a public forum. Maybe even review his new security arrangemets in a public forum.

You won't have to pay the $5.

foxw00ds player 09-27-2006 09:27 PM

lol yeah .. can someone tell me where i can find some action. I'm a maniac fish and want to play in nyc

c.i.a.
f.b.i.

brettbrettr 09-27-2006 10:04 PM

A room got robbed? Huh? WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!

IgorSmiles 09-27-2006 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple. Go to the club. Tell the owner that you insist on discussing his private, illegal club in a public forum. Maybe even review his new security arrangemets in a public forum.

You won't have to pay the $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre being arguementative and missing the point. TT is the law of land here, and that's fine. I just think his policy is too pro cardroom. A more player friendly policy would be to not allow names and addresses to be posted but to allow some details on raids and robberies as they are of interest to many players here.

AngusThermopyle 09-27-2006 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Youre being arguementative and missing the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You are missing the point.
The Owner doesn't want his business discussed in public.
If you want information, go to the club in question and ask.
Or PM another member and ask.
Or start your own cardroom and discuss it here.