Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I fold AA for one bet in a big pot on the river heads up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=216804)

tiltaholic 09-20-2006 05:01 PM

I fold AA for one bet in a big pot on the river heads up

Hi

Please dissect.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] at a great table in early middle position.

UTG+1 (a loose passive fish type) open limps.
I raise.
Everyone folds, and he calls.

flop KJ5 of rainbow.

He leads, I raise, he calls.

turn 9 of rainbow

He leads, I raise, he calls.

river J

he checks, I lead, he raises, I fold.

ps. i'm willing to accept that my play may involve a fundamental poker error wrt to the river fold, but please try to avoid platitudes about folding aces headsup for one bet on the river in a big pot

tyler_cracker 09-20-2006 05:05 PM

Re: I fold AA for one bet in a big pot on the river heads up

i'm down with the river fold; he has a boat way more than 1/11.

i think i just call the turn donk, though.

davelin 09-20-2006 05:06 PM

How passive is Villain here? Given some passives, this is undoubtedly a monster which means raising the turn may have been an error.

It's not totally out of character for Villain to sometimes hold a K here, thus I'm calling.

Sushiglutton 09-20-2006 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm down with the river fold; he has a boat way more than 1/11.

i think i just call the turn donk, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This says it all.

tiltaholic 09-20-2006 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How passive is Villain here? Given some passives, this is undoubtedly a monster which means raising the turn may have been an error.

It's not totally out of character for Villain to sometimes hold a K here, thus I'm calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn brought a 2 flush, does it make raising the turn better?

gharp 09-20-2006 05:09 PM

Sure looks like 55 or maybe KJ, but I'd probably call thinking he has AK some small percentage of the time. And unless I have tons of hands on the guy, I just wouldn't trust my read with the ~90% accuracy you need here.

I don't think it's a terrible laydown.

davelin 09-20-2006 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn brought a 2 flush, does it make raising the turn better?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain is the type to semi-bluff a flush draw, would he also semi-bluff a river card that paired the board? Just in my experience, I find a lot of weird bluffs, check-raise bluffs that happen when the river pairs the board.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 09-20-2006 05:15 PM

i call the flop

tehox 09-20-2006 05:15 PM

Platitudes are all I have for this one, b/c I think a lot of times that is all we can go on when we play such limited number of hands against each opponent. I would call b/c I think we're good > 1/11 of the time. I think you could see AK/KQ/even worse hands/ bluff often enough.

I probably would not raise the turn either, though this would depend on what you think the turn donk means. If the river c/r is an easy fold then I don't see how you raise the turn though.

tiltaholic 09-20-2006 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would not raise the turn either, though this would depend on what you think the turn donk means. If the river c/r is an easy fold then I don't see how you raise the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't think its an easy fold or even maybe a correct fold -- but i think the vast majority of the time when i raise the turn he check calls the river and all is good. however, when he check raises the river -- i dunno.