Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bebop86's final table antics.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215610)

raptor517 09-19-2006 04:16 AM

Bebop86\'s final table antics..

for those of you who dont understand what i was doing, in asking for ridiculous deals, it was purely to tilt thegiant. he is a decent overly nitty player who i thought if i tilted enough and actually could hit a hand i wouldnt have too much trouble playing tons of small pots and getting my money in v far ahead. i never actually anticipated he would take any of my ridiculous offers.

as far as the way i played in general.. i didnt play 'by the book' or in a way that would be 'condoned' by 'by the book players' or whatever. i limp a lot. i take a lot of flops with ppl that are either too nitty or too stackoff happy, so my stack fluctuates but i dont get too many chips in behind often, and it seems to work for me. i play similar in nl holdem mtts.

anyways, as far as me throwing away 10k.. i guess u could look at it that way. i certainly dont. the way i was giong about 'getting' a deal actually DOES work sometimes, and if it doesnt, it really upsets them to the point that they will be a bit extra tilty, and that alone makes up for the extra ev. sure the extra 10k would be nice but i think playing out would be more +ev for me. anyways, thats all my thoughts, im open for criticism as always [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] tyvm to those with their encouraging words and support, and as always.. holla

edit: wowow that was my 5000'th post. holla

Soulman 09-19-2006 04:22 AM

Re: Bebop86\'s final table antics..

Nice timing for your 5000th post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Grats on the score!

nath 09-19-2006 04:22 AM

i just got back in, awesome job
THE LEGEND OF RAPTOR CHRIST IS REAL

BadgerPro 09-19-2006 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Grats on the score!

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerraja 09-19-2006 04:27 AM

first off congrats.

my problem with your approach is where do you draw the line from trying to make him tilt and just being a complete punk? you are a good player why resort to such childish acts? its funny when we see molina on TV acting like a child-brat we flame him to pieces, but when its our own raptor, its ok. my 2 cents.

Exitonly 09-19-2006 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Grats on the score!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor517 09-19-2006 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first off congrats.

my problem with your approach is where do you draw the line from trying to make him tilt and just being a complete punk? you are a good player why resort to such childish acts? its funny when we see molina on TV acting like a child-brat we flame him to pieces, but when its our own raptor, its ok. my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hardly think what i was doing was childish. i never once said he was a terrible player, flippantly responded to his remarks, etc etc. i merely pressed the fact that i thought i was better, and pushed for a better deal. i dont think anything is wrong with that. holla

tubasteve 09-19-2006 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
holla

[/ QUOTE ]

FieryJustice 09-19-2006 04:36 AM

I think you did everything fine and didnt come off like a jerk at all.

0evg0 09-19-2006 04:39 AM

i didn't watch, but who cares. kids will be kids, he wasnt trying to insult him, etc.

You should go buy something big and expensive now playa