Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Table goes crazy. I've got the draw to the nuts. Push? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215424)

crookdimwit 09-18-2006 11:25 PM

Table goes crazy. I\'ve got the draw to the nuts. Push?

Just sat down at this table for an orbit or so. Table is pretty loose, with a lot of LAGgy play, but I dont have many specfic reads yet on the players.

Anyway, this hand kinda escalates quickly. I'm pretty sure UTG+2 is going to call the CO's shove... I'm holding the draw to the nut flush. Is it timid to fold here or reckless to call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Crookdimwit (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($4.40)
SB ($4.80)
Crookdimwit ($25)
UTG ($24.30)
UTG+1 ($27.05)
UTG+2 ($25.35)
MP1 ($75.27)
MP2 ($63.04)
MP3 ($26.85)
CO ($40.06)

Preflop: Crookdimwit is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Crookdimwit checks.

Flop: ($1.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Crookdimwit checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.25</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Crookdimwit calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $8</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $25</font>, Crookdimwit....?

wslee00 09-18-2006 11:27 PM

Re: Table goes crazy. I\'ve got the draw to the nuts. Push?

fold - you only have a probable 9 outs and basically no fold equity.

neverforgetlol 09-18-2006 11:33 PM

which gives you good odds to make your flush if UTG gets allin as well.

AScorz 09-18-2006 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats fold equity? I've seen the term posted around and have been embarressed to ask.

cambraceres 09-18-2006 11:38 PM

with a table this crazy call it, your odds should be good.

Cam

Pokey 09-18-2006 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm...that's why it's a call, not a fold.

With nine outs, you're a 1.86-to-1 dog in the hand. If UTG+2 calls the pot will have a total of $53, and you'll have to risk $22 to win it. That's 2.41-to-1 odds. Even if you count nothing for your ace outs, and even if you somewhat discount your flush draw outs because of possible redraws (full houses), you've still got a reasonable call. You see overpairs, two pair, and lesser draws quite often here.

Now, if you thought there was a good chance UTG+2 would fold, you could let this go, but I agree with OP: that's not going to happen, especially after you call padding the pot severely. Unless someone physically flips up a set, you can call this pot.

Pokey 09-18-2006 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats fold equity? I've seen the term posted around and have been embarressed to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be embarassed because you don't know what folding equity is; be embarassed because you didn't use the search engine. This exact topic was discussed in detail just last week.

catalyst 09-18-2006 11:42 PM

fold equity is the value/equity you gain when forcing an opponent to fold.

AScorz 09-18-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be embarassed because you don't know what folding equity is; be embarassed because you didn't use the search engine. This exact topic was discussed in detail just last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Musta missed it, I appreciate the link just the same. Beer makes me lazy.

Pokey 09-18-2006 11:48 PM

No worries. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's an important topic, and one that many players don't understand sufficiently.