Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK HU UI - How do you play it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=210747)

jjshabado 09-12-2006 09:23 PM

AK HU UI - How do you play it?

Yeah I just wanted to use a bunch of acronymns in the title, but this is a situation that comes up pretty often. How do you guys play it?

Hand 1:
Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.25BB

Oh I have absolutely no reads on CO because he's just sat down. I find myself in this situation frequently with AK/AQ. Is it worth firing on the river? If not do you call a bet? Should I give up on the hand earlier on the turn and check? I don't see anything else to do on the flop other than bet.

Buckmulligan 09-12-2006 09:28 PM

Re: AK HU UI - How do you play it?

dont bet the turn

Big Poppa Smurf 09-12-2006 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

if you do get to the river, checkfold here. depending on board/opponent you can check to induce a bluff.

Point Blank 09-12-2006 10:26 PM

I don't think this really classifies as heads up ... after your flop bet you have two callers (which isn't really good)

I pass on a turn bet here ... and call one back ... and fold UI on the river (too often I see a [censored] Queen or a pocket pair)

Dastone 09-12-2006 11:18 PM

You have 2 opponnents who have cold called behind you. The flop comes Q high, and you get called in two spots. Time to give it up on the turn.

CrMenace 09-12-2006 11:26 PM

*grunch*

You forgot OOP in your title.

Against two opponents it's probably okay to fire a flop bullet but not one on the turn. You're unlikely to induce both players to fold.

Your line is a good against one opponent until the river. I c/f here most of the time. If villain is a maniac/moron, c/c is appropariate, plus it's good to mix it in occassionally at random.

jjshabado 09-13-2006 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

You forgot OOP in your title.

Against two opponents it's probably okay to fire a flop bullet but not one on the turn. You're unlikely to induce both players to fold.

Your line is a good against one opponent until the river. I c/f here most of the time. If villain is a maniac/moron, c/c is appropariate, plus it's good to mix it in occassionally at random.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I knew there was something else to add. Yeah its not really HU, but I wanted to add that to my title [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I was pretty sure I should have given this up. If I had a solid read on him I could justify c/c to showdown (if he's very agressive).