Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Aces Up, Blind v Blind, vs 2+2ers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=210535)

ofishstix 09-12-2006 05:06 PM

Aces Up, Blind v Blind, vs 2+2ers

First hand is with one lurker (Villain in hand 1)who is good and we play and talk often. The other I've seen on here (Villain in hand 2 but was at the table during hand 1), and know he makes a decent amount. He's who im HU with in the other hand. I'm on a 25k breakeven stretch so I'm questioning myself all the time now.
Paradise Poker 20/40 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Paradise Poker 20/40 Hold'em (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

danzasmack 09-12-2006 05:09 PM

Re: Aces Up, Blind v Blind, vs 2+2ers

I'm going to say that the 1st one would def. effect how I played the 2nd one.

In a vacuum I play hand 1 the same. Hand 2 I cap the turn and probably bet/call the river (HU).

If he always fast plays big hands then i would say I play hand 2 the same. Hand 2 is HU right?

UMTerp 09-12-2006 05:44 PM

I like donking the river in Hand 2. You really haven't revealed the strength of your hand yet, he's going to have a hard(er) time raising you with a better 2-pair with the possible straight out there, and you'll gain value from a bigger ace or a X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] type hand that might check behind.

Hand 1 looks good to me.

shockdaworld 09-12-2006 07:11 PM

I probably won't be the only one to say this and you already know anyways but here goes. Why are you playing 3handed/HU with good players when you are on a 25k breakeven stretch and doubting your play? Unless you are supremely confident in your specific reads against these guys, I don't understand why you're playing these games. If you're wanting to challenge yourself, wait until you regain confidence and start running better.

As for the hands, I like the way you played both of them.

If you bet the river in hand2, would you ever fold to a raise?

UMTerp 09-12-2006 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you bet the river in hand2, would you ever fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring a very specific read, no. I think we'll win often enough, even if two bets go in on the river. I certainly don't think we'd want three bets to go in though (hence no checkraise).

shaundeeb 09-12-2006 10:45 PM

both were played fine. I may bet/call both rivers on these hands but otherwise played fine. I have noticed dise games are slightly less aggro on big bet streets.

DrewOnTilt 09-13-2006 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably won't be the only one to say this and you already know anyways but here goes. Why are you playing 3handed/HU with good players when you are on a 25k breakeven stretch and doubting your play? Unless you are supremely confident in your specific reads against these guys, I don't understand why you're playing these games. If you're wanting to challenge yourself, wait until you regain confidence and start running better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't understand why OP is playing these opponents while on a bad stretch, either. Game selection, my man! There are plenty of soft games online.

Re: the hands, I would be more inclined to fastplay hand #1 and then use that information to judge how to play hand #2. Either way, the line OP took is probably OK. Heads-up against an aggro player I am going to reraise Aces Up something around 85% of the time and fold something around 0% of the time.

Catt 09-13-2006 11:47 PM

I'd echo comments on "why play solid players extremely short during a time when you're doubting you decision-making?"

I'll depart from others though and say I don't like Hand 2 much. I think you need to either 3-bet the flop and lead, or call the flop and lead hoping to bet-3bet. Granted the chances of it checking through on the turn HU are probably pretty small (depending on player), but I don't think it is a chance you should take on the action and flop and I'd press your perceived advantage early in the hand.

ILOVEPOKER929 09-14-2006 12:07 AM

NHs