Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Re-raised Pots : Big Leak (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201508)

Fight Club 09-01-2006 04:49 AM

Re-raised Pots : Big Leak

Villan is StopLose, semi Lag 27/22/2, hasn't got out of line from what i've seen.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($815)
Hero ($1000)
UTG ($1334)
MP ($1112.50)
Button ($1142.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $33</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $123</font>, MP calls $100.

Flop: ($271) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, MP calls $125.

Turn: ($521) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($521) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $255</font>, MP pushes

I usually bet this stronger and probably should have because I'm sure he's capable of bluffing the river. I think he's most often got QQ/AQ/88-1010/air here. The main reason for betting small was to get value from underpairs, not to induce a bluff.

Looking back I hate my river bet, any ideas for the river as played?

kotkis 09-01-2006 05:18 AM

Re: Re-raised Pots : Big Leak

Do you always play everything this weak in 3-bet pots?

Fight Club 09-01-2006 05:32 AM

no, read the end of the post.

aceswild83 09-01-2006 06:22 AM

with this line i think i like a check better on this river, he can't really pay you off with anything.
bet a little bit more on the flop though, about 180 looks good i think. turn check is ok as a way to mix up your play imo.

Fight Club 09-01-2006 06:26 AM

check and call any bet?

psyduck 09-01-2006 06:41 AM

I really don't understand your weak lead and your turn check (..unless you were going for the c/r)? Could you expound a little more?

Were you trying to keep the pot small OOP with a so-so hand?

As played, I really have no idea what you beat besides a pure bluff (I mean, that's a stretch for him to float the flop, Chk turn then push your weak river lead). I would fold almost always on river as played, but I don't like how it's played on the two streets before river.

jacknine 09-01-2006 06:52 AM

What exactly is the "Big Leak" you referred to?
The problem with this hand is that you come out blasting with the preflop reraise and don't follow up on it, but you say you normally bet it stronger?

Suggestions for the river: since you were willing to bet about half the pot, I would check and call bets upto that amount, and just fold to anything stronger. So many hands that just "got there".

Fight Club 09-01-2006 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the "Big Leak" you referred to?
The problem with this hand is that you come out blasting with the preflop reraise and don't follow up on it, but you say you normally bet it stronger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically when I say 'Big Leak', it's these re-raised pots that I don't just play ABC style - bet, bet, fold or whatever. I think vilan is a strong player and want to give him room to outplay himself. Also I wanted the pot small OOP, like psyduck said. I still like the flop bet because it encourages him to float.

I'm intersted if anyone thinks the river is a call, assuming he took my river bet as weakness. I'm almost conviced it's a call had the Q not hit.

BigPoppa 09-01-2006 08:51 AM

I hate the underbet on the flop, and I hate the check on the turn.

If you're not willing to put a lot of money in with AK when you flop top pair OOP, then stop reraising with it.

Bet $225 on the flop, push the turn.

CallYNotRaise06 09-01-2006 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet $225 on the flop, push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]