Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 Big Squeeze Play - Love it or Hate it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201295)

lowpockets 08-31-2006 11:24 PM

2/4 Big Squeeze Play - Love it or Hate it?

The game is a 2/4NL home game. Villian is a pretty solid LAG player that is capable of playing lots of different hands in any position. The game was full of [censored] players - so I don't know if that means I shouldn't have bothered with this play against this solid player.

2/4NL 6 handed - Villian has $270. Hero covers.

Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], folds to villian in UTG+1 who raises to 25. All fold to hero and I make it $70. Villian calls. Oh [censored].

Flop ($142)
K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $140, Villian shoves for a total of $200. Hero calls.

I am really trying to work on some of these squeeze plays so all comments are appreciated.

EDIT: Yes, it was more of a resteal attempt followed up by a semi-bluff...

GT123 08-31-2006 11:27 PM

Re: 2/4 Big Squeeze Play - Love it or Hate it?

wheres the squeeze?

lowpockets 08-31-2006 11:31 PM

Not really a "Big Squeeze Play" I guess, more of a steal/resteal situation, my fault.

Your thoughts though?

Anders 08-31-2006 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wheres the squeeze?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anders 08-31-2006 11:34 PM

Preflop: folds to villain in UTG? So...villain is first to act, and he opens for 6.25bb? I don't think this is the best spot for this move.

Flop I guess if you're going to do it preflop anyway, this isn't an awful flop to cbet. Once he shoves you have to call.

lowpockets 08-31-2006 11:37 PM

Right, and I fixed the UTG part, it was supposed to be UTG+1...

But you kinda addressed what I was getting at. Also, I feel like my reraise was a bit smallish.

ArturiusX 08-31-2006 11:37 PM

Flop is fine, but the BB re-raise sucks.

Hollywade 08-31-2006 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
squeeze plays

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding of a squeeze play is that there is an initial raiser, then multiple callers of that raise, and then you "squeeze" those callers with a big reraise. It works best when you have position IMO, just in case someone calls you. I don't think just reraising the initial raiser with absolutely no hand constitutes a squeeze play. I think that's just a bluff.

lowpockets 08-31-2006 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is fine, but the BB re-raise sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] yep... sounds like i mucked it up...

What range can you put a decent LAG on by calling $45 more? Is it wide enough that he will fold 10-15% to make my flop bet equitable.

Knuder12 08-31-2006 11:48 PM

Just a bad place to try to steal, IMO. Wait till you have position on the LAG player, and raise a little more.