Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   JJ facing massive all-in from coldcaller. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199869)

MinRaise 08-30-2006 03:24 AM

JJ facing massive all-in from coldcaller.

This was a really strange hand. I really hadn't heard a peep out of the villain so far. He was something like 12/7 from like 30 hands. UTG is a loose fish, and I am not worried about him. He may have called the reraise with garbage like a suited ace. Assume my image is relatively neutral.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($383.40)
CO ($398)
Button ($275.70)
SB ($324.64)
Hero ($409.20)
UTG ($1586.67)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $41</font>, UTG calls $37, MP calls $375.40 (All-In)

I thought this was an easy call, but some of my friends disagreed with me. I just don't feel like many people call minraises with AA/KK/QQ. I think this is AK a lot of the time. Who calls this?

Heimdal 08-30-2006 05:56 AM

Re: JJ facing massive all-in from coldcaller.

easy fold

dtan05 08-30-2006 06:01 AM

I don't see AK trying to isoltae vs one person who seemingly has QQ+, and another who is trying to catch a smaller pair.

Big_Jim 08-30-2006 06:02 AM

I call this pretty quick.

You see 88 here WAY more often than you see QQ+.

Fight Club 08-30-2006 06:08 AM

Unless you have a really LAG image I never call this.

Keepitsimple 08-30-2006 06:17 AM

I would muck pretty fast.

Sciolist 08-30-2006 06:21 AM

I call this too, particularly if you often reraise preflop. You see small pairs in these situations alll the time

Big_Jim 08-30-2006 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have a really LAG image I never call this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think a really LAG image is a detriment to our cause, because it makes it MUCH more likely that he would try a play like this with AA/KK.

jmxthievez 08-30-2006 07:23 AM

This is weird from a cold caller, I agree with Big Jim, I think you're ahead of his range enough times here to call.

aejones 08-30-2006 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is weird from a cold caller, I agree with Big Jim, I think you're ahead of his range enough times here to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really weird situation- I came across it the other day, same situation. 8, 8, I make it 36, guy calls all in for like 51 all, then cold caller re-pushes. I mucked AQ suited, but I think my range for calling here is JJ+ and AK.. it's a weird spot that doesn't come up much. FWIW, he had AK here, and cold calling that 8 seems kind of weird I don't wanna play AK in a pot with a min raise.. but whatever.

Anyways, I guess I just fold simply because he's 12/7 even over such a small sample. If I knew he was capable of any kind of plays, I'd likely call simply because that cold call and re push looks like an iso-play and he's probably thinking that you have to have a monster to call and there's tons of free money for hi min the pot.

Anyways, I don't think either play is too bad... I find myself too loose in preflop all in situations like this.