Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Can I fold these hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=198406)

Gordon Scott 08-28-2006 03:48 PM

Can I fold these hands

2-5NL live game I cover all players’ involved with $700 behind

I’ve been a little lag but nothing outrageous.

New player moves in from a busted 5-10 game. I’ve never played with him but I did see him 3 bet push AKo into a $200ish shorter stack a few rounds earlier. No real read but he seems solid enough.

Hero Button $700
SB calls-a-lot $600
New Player $550

New player makes it 25 UTG+1 3 callers and I make it $150 with AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

SB calls and UTG +1 pushes and it's $400 more to me.
SB is not calling but is using very bad language and slamming his cards on the table telling me I shouldn't have raised.

It's pretty simple, villain has AA AK and maybe KK and I think he puts my range about the same maybe adding QQ and JJ. I think he has AA 60% of the time.

Pot is $930 and it’s $400 to call it may have another $400 but I really sure Sb is folding.

Fold call or raise?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same game next day I cover all players in the hand.

Hero $2000+ (showing the nutz a lot and I really need a poker helment because the cards keep hitting me in the head)
Super Donkfish $1700
SB $440

Hero is BB with A5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

We get 3 limpers and the BB raises to $25. He is a solid player but I stacked him an hour earlier when he had the 2nd nut flush.

I call feeling pretty sure the limpers will come along and they do.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

SB bets $25 Hero calls MP Fish makes it $75 he may do this with any 2 cards. SB calls and I call.

I put MP Fish on AJ maybe J9 but not a set. He would have raised or reraised preflop with AJ JJ or 99.

SB calling moves his range to AA KK QQ maybe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] maybe less but not likely.

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn and SB takes the lead and bets $40. I call knowing I may to fold to a push by MP fish but pretty sure he’ll shut down and just call. MPfish calls.

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and SB bets his last $300.

Fold call or raise and hope to trap the fish for some extra cash.

Thanks

orange 08-28-2006 03:53 PM

Re: Can I fold these hands

Fold hand 1, a LRR usually means KK/AA.

Hand 2 is probably a raise, although if you think he'll call with a 6, calling might be better. if the odds of him calling a raise bigger than the $300 amount bet, then raise. But if he is more likely to just call the 300/folding to any raise, then calling is better. this is discussed in TOP i think.

Gordon Scott 08-29-2006 10:37 AM

Re: Can I fold these hands

Thanks Orange.

I played really well all weekend except for these 2 hands and 1 other that I don't think I was awake for.

Coming from a pretty tough 5-10 game I didn't peg the guy as a donk but I had seen him 3bet push a smaller stack with AK a few rounds earlier.
With the extra dead money in the pot I decided it was close enough to call and I was wrong.

The guy turned out to be a very solid played and yes a LRR usually means AA and it was.

The board came AQx and I think if I flat call the preflop I get a lot chips in anyway because sb and the raiser both flopped sets.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hand 2 I got out played bad or did I. SB had JJ and slow played a flopped set on a very dangerous board. When sb donk bet the paired board turn I really put him on an over pair.

When SB pushed the river I tanked and went through every street and just coudn't put him on a boat.