Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tricky blind battle guys (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196685)

HEIFER 08-26-2006 03:48 AM

Tricky blind battle guys

I am SB vs an autobettor BB:

Hero has T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets villian raised

turn: x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero checks, villian bets, hero raised, villian calls

river: blank ace

Hero?

what if hero checks and villian bets?

Michaelson 08-26-2006 03:50 AM

Re: Tricky blind battle guys

Stats/read on villain?

HEIFER 08-26-2006 03:55 AM

have no stats yet just that he autobets when checked to

wackjob 08-26-2006 03:55 AM

value town. b/f.

HEIFER 08-26-2006 03:59 AM

thats my feeling, I guess my main concern was the turn play

Michaelson 08-26-2006 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
value town. b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much that is beat is calling? Doesn't seem like much to me. Also, I wouldn't want to be bluffed off it.

I'd probably fold. But if I felt I had to see a showdown I'd check/call.

cartman 08-26-2006 04:43 AM

Your hand isnt strong enough for this move in my opinion. Just bet the turn because he will find a reason to call and besides you may or may not have the best hand. If you know he will bet both streets then checking and calling both is fine too.

The way you played it, bet the river.

shockdaworld 08-26-2006 04:53 AM

Wait, I'm confused. Did you complete or raise here? Not that it matters all that much given the action at hand but the pot size will affect a turn decision a bit.

He's an autobettor with no stats so an aggresive unknown? With mp and a good draw why are you raising the turn? I would c/c c/c.

As played, I would c/c but only because of the limited read we have. I would love to c/f but it doesn't seem we are able to have any kind of trust in this relationship.

What else were you considering? b/c, b/f, b/3b turn? I don't see why those are reasonable

Hoi Polloi 08-26-2006 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's an autobettor with no stats so an aggresive unknown? With mp and a good draw why are you raising the turn? I would c/c c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Let the autobettor with position bet the hand for you.

cartman 08-26-2006 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

what if hero checks and villian bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

You only check and fold vs an autobettor if the board and action are such that you just can't have the best hand. In this hand that is far from true. He is peeling the flop with who knows what and he is calling your turn checkraise with any spade and any pair at minimum.