Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1st post - pls rate this AA play 1/2 NL; Borgata (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196429)

brianr 08-25-2006 08:27 PM

1st post - pls rate this AA play 1/2 NL; Borgata

Playing 1/2 NL at Borgata earlier this week; about 10 AM; haven't played too many hands after about an hour - $10 PF raises have been getting called by 4-5 people and a lot of speculative hands have been winning big pots (I must have seen 4 J7 boats). I have about $400, villain has $175 or so. In 4th position I open for $15 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and get two callers - the guy to my left and the big blind. Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Big Blind bets $15. I make it $50 to go; guy to my left folds, BB calls. Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; BB goes all in for another $104. Pot is now $250. Do I call? How was my play prior to this point?

Dan Bitel 08-25-2006 09:19 PM

Re: 1st post - pls rate this AA play 1/2 NL; Borgata

Hi brian, welcome to the forums

I think your play up to now is OK. Personally I'd raise a bit more on the flop though.

I'd call this turn bet quickly. Even if he has the flush, you boat up or overflush him 1 in 4 times, and add to that the times you're ahead of his TdTx or something, makes this a call for me

Heavens_Myst 08-25-2006 09:30 PM

Yep, seems like the villian could easilly be holding 88, 99, TT, QQ, or KK in this position. You also have to consider he has a range of hands like KdQd, Kd10d, or QdJd. I'd call this river bet and hope you're not the one chasing, but if you are - you do have a lot of good outs (boat and NFD).

brianr 08-25-2006 10:12 PM

Thanks for the replies - agreed on my raise being on the light side - after thinking about it for a short while I called pretty easily - not sure if that would have been the case if I did not have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - BB turned over 88, river was a blank.

RED FACE 08-25-2006 10:15 PM

Smooth call the flop because raising defines your hand ~100%. I can't see you being ahead on the turn unless villain is horrible. I probably call turn for %horrible +draws either way.

Dan Bitel 08-25-2006 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Smooth call the flop because raising defines your hand ~100%. I can't see you being ahead on the turn unless villain is horrible. I probably call turn for %horrible +draws either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, thats some bad advice there