Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Speeds VS Regulars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196209)

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 03:29 PM

Speeds VS Regulars

Im sure this has been asked a million times, I even read the entire facts and hit up a ton of the links in there...

....is there a skill level or ROI difference between them?

....is it more difficult to multitable speed due to less reaction time?

....what are you preference?

....does it even matter?

....Im looking to get up to 8-12 tabling once I upgrade my computer and want to know what the differences are basically?

zipppy 08-25-2006 03:34 PM

Re: Speeds VS Regulars

[ QUOTE ]

....is there a skill level or ROI difference between them?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROI is probably higher for non-speeds, as the lower levels last longer.

[ QUOTE ]

....is it more difficult to multitable speed due to less reaction time?

[/ QUOTE ]

common sense would say yes...no?

[ QUOTE ]

....what are you preference?

....does it even matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you're a winning player, speeds could equal more money, but greater variance. some people prefer one, some the other.

[ QUOTE ]

....Im looking to get up to 8-12 tabling once I upgrade my computer and want to know what the differences are basically?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...4 more tables?

zip

DMA 08-25-2006 03:35 PM

ROI is usually lower in speeds but hourly rate is higher... and regulars give you more chances to outplay your opponents so that is something to concider. I prefer turbos since they take less time, I play regulars in the summer more frequently, turbos don't get in the way of work and college as much.

EnderFFX 08-25-2006 03:37 PM

Unless you have a computer from 3+ years ago your computer should be able to handle multitabling without any problems.

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 03:38 PM

zip,

nice catch on the last part, I wasnt asking the difference between 8-12, it was just a general question to end the entire post...

[ QUOTE ]
some people prefer one, some the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what Im trying to ask, is there a general consesus?

...any major strat changes between the 2?

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have a computer from 3+ years ago your computer should be able to handle multitabling without any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on a 1 year old lap top, where there is too much overlap, and it annoys me, I generally play sets of 3 right now....

...and If I play without the overlap, that annoys me too as the clarity isnt there (bad eyes)

ALReturnsLOL 08-25-2006 03:40 PM

Most on 2+2 prefer speeds. They give you a higher hourly rate.

The Yugoslavian 08-25-2006 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most on 2+2 prefer speeds. They give you a higher hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the forum decided this at some point in error.

I don't want to break down why though.

Yugoslav
Who plays both...

The Yugoslavian 08-25-2006 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on a 1 year old lap top, where there is too much overlap, and it annoys me, I generally play sets of 3 right now....

...and If I play without the overlap, that annoys me too as the clarity isnt there (bad eyes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jumping from 3 to 8, *especially* in the speeds, is not as easy as you may think or as it will feel. When you do it please carefully review your play b/c after sets you are verly likely going to think you're playing similarly to how you were but you aren't.

Btw, I technically met you in Vegas I think at The Orleans...you and Dom were at a 1/2 nl (I think) table and I was there with a few STTFers doin' the MTT and then donkin' around in NL games afterwards. For some reason I now read all your posts instead of possibly ignoring them, lol. Okay that has nothing to do with the thread just felt like mentioning it.

Yugoslav

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jumping from 3 to 8, *especially* in the speeds, is not as easy as you may think or as it will feel. When you do it please carefully review your play b/c after sets you are verly likely going to think you're playing similarly to how you were but you aren't.

Btw, I technically met you in Vegas I think at The Orleans...you and Dom were at a 1/2 nl (I think) table and I was there with a few STTFers doin' the MTT and then donkin' around in NL games afterwards. For some reason I now read all your posts instead of possibly ignoring them, lol. Okay that has nothing to do with the thread just felt like mentioning it.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, yes that was me with Dom, .... Irieguy was around there too... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]