Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I was berated for this play!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=195998)

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 09:26 AM

I was berated for this play!!

8/16 Live

....Results and my thoughts in white, before you flame me.

Hero calls from MP with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Button Calls
SB Folds
BB Raises
Button calls

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB Checks WTF?
Hero Checks
Buttom Checks

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets
Hero Calls
Button folds

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB Checks
Hero Bets
BB Calls

Results:
<font color="white">BB has KK
Hero Set of 3s

Before you ass rape me for the turn call, the BB had less than 20minutes prior raised UTG with ATs, So I was pretty meh about his play. So with his Raise PF then check, I figured his range is huge, and with the flush draw out there, I could possibly push him off a hand with a heart on the river or I could luck box my 3, Villian then attempted to berate me along with a huge donator to his right, I laughed </font>

Thanks
GG

Dazarath 08-25-2006 09:51 AM

Re: I was berated for this play!!

I raise UTG with ATs. I would not open-limp in MP with 33. I would fold that turn, as it's a pretty bad card. I mean, if the flop had come J-high, the PFR checks, and then bets a 7 turn, I could see an argument for a call, but right now you're hoping for an AK/AT/KT type of hand.

brettbrettr 08-25-2006 10:08 AM

What's wrong with raising Ats utg?

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with raising Ats utg?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said meh, I meant to add his range coulda been anything at that point...and I dont raise ATs UTG

...I also called the turned, with the intentions of bluffin any heart if he checked. It was off a live read.

Haupt_234 08-25-2006 10:17 AM

Fold preflop with 33 first in in MP.

I would also fold the turn since you are very unlikely to be ahead (BB would have likely bet AK on the flop so what do you think you're ahead of?). There is also the button to act behind you, making it an easier fold.

And I raise ATs UTG too.

Haupt_234

disjunction 08-25-2006 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So with his Raise PF then check, I figured his range is huge, and with the flush draw out there

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok, PokerStove says you're behind two completely random hands!

[ QUOTE ]
I could possibly push him off a hand with a heart on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that many hearts in the deck, and that's the best case?

[ QUOTE ]

or I could luck box my 3,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, second best case. I admire the optimism.

[ QUOTE ]
I laughed

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm glad we're on the same page. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GambleGamble 08-25-2006 10:23 AM

...Im not gonna say I played it goot, but based on table feel and the player, I would do it every time...

...there were a ton of limpers most hands on average at that at that table, so I was playing for set value and it turned into me planning to steal the pot if a card hit and me getting lucky...

...if the guy bets out the flop I generally fold and occasionally peel one off

Haupt_234 08-25-2006 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the flop checks through you should be folding the turn most of the time with this board, especially on that turn card.

Haupt_234

disjunction 08-25-2006 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...Im not gonna say I played it goot, but based on table feel and the player, I would do it every time...

[/ QUOTE ]

As a side note, if an aggressive player makes a wtf? check, he has a monster. True every time.

[ QUOTE ]

...there were a ton of limpers most hands on average at that at that table, so I was playing for set value and it turned into me planning to steal the pot if a card hit and me getting lucky...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about preflop. The problem with planning to steal the pot is it isn't large. Suppose you actually did have a nut-flush draw. You're *still* barely getting good odds. Since bluffs often don't work, you have no odds to use this plan on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good! I think there are some systematic holes in your game, though, based on this hand. It's ok to get bluffed out of pots, it's not the end of the world.

d10 08-25-2006 10:51 AM

You played the river right.