Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   August Quest - First of 8 annoying updates (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=195769)

dogmeat 08-25-2006 12:30 AM

August Quest - First of 8 annoying updates

Thanks everybody for your response to my stupid $9.85 bankroll quest. I appreciate the faith - except for the .50 guess [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I took my roll to the .10/.20 game and played for what seemed an eternity (about 20 minutes) and was ready to gouge my eyes out. My five-year old daughter came in the office. She was eating yogurt, with a spoon. Just as I was about to grab the spoon and scoop out my eyeballs she said "Daddy, can I sit on your lap and help you play poker."

I agreed, and she told me only to play the kings and queens and aces and stuff. Good advice.

I left the .10 game and took $11 to .25/50 where after an hour I was able to graduate to a single table of .50/$1 with $23. After twenty minutes I split the $31 into two tables and played for two more hours until I got to $47 and went to a single $1/$2.

Two more hours there led to $87 and a whopping $27 in rake-back accumulated. I'm done for the night, but guess that I'm over the hump - and wont dump, my precious $9.85 bankroll.

Good luck with your games this week - I'll bore you again tomorrow.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

AntonHeat 08-25-2006 12:38 AM

Re: August Quest - First of 8 annoying updates

Whats your quest exactly? Just build a roll?

_TKO_ 08-25-2006 01:20 AM

Re: August Quest - First of 8 annoying updates

[ QUOTE ]
Whats your quest exactly? Just build a roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

dogmeat 08-26-2006 12:04 AM

Re: August Quest - 2nd Annoying Update

Two days in - $9.85 is now no longer in danger of being lost (aren't we all relieved?). I played 3 hours of two-tables $1/$2 limit and hovered around $100 and when I hit $120 I quit.

Wife and I went to see Invincible - Mark Wahlberg as 30-year old NFL rookie (True story). Good flick - enough to keep my wife interested, even.

Came home and got the 3-game magic going (still $1-2) and ran up to $286 - rake is up to $60 now.

I'm invincible [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Losing all 08-26-2006 03:43 AM

Re: August Quest - 2nd Annoying Update

nice, slow down around 1313.12

dogmeat 08-27-2006 12:49 PM

Re: August Quest - Annoying Update Number 3

Still feeling that the micro and low-limit games are easily beatable, even on a tough site with below 25% to the flop and small pots. I'm probably running a little hot.

About half-way through the hours I expect for this little quest - I've now won $426 and have rack-back coming, all from $1/2 and below. Tomorrow I'll play some $2/$4. In a few days I'll be done, and then a couple tournaments to try and win some $$ for the top two guesses.

Dogmeat

dogmeat 08-29-2006 01:24 PM

Quest ends - winners announced

I'm done with the end of August Quest. FWIW, the posters who had high expectations got screwed - because I am ending today, but blame the site, not me.

I got disconnected 12 times over the past few hours yesterday and this morning. [censored]! I'm supposed to have 2 disconnects for protection - but did that ever work? NO!!

Also, had the same weird streak as last time I played here a few months back where I couldn't hit a flop. This time When I noticed it I started keeping track (over yesterday and today) and for the time when I actually saw a flop with A-face, here are my stats for when I hit a pair or better:

AK 11 times, hit a pair twice
AQ 9 times, hit a pair once
AJ 7 times, hit a pair zero times
total of 29 times I held a-face and hit a pair or better three times. That's [censored] 10.3% - how is that possible. I guess I just suck at low-limit limit games.

As for the quest - I did play over 20 hours, and my final tally with the $9.85 I started with and rake-back is $559.06

By my estimations, that leaves the top guesses as:

$555.51 by Optimus Prime (3.51 away)
$555.13 by 1C5 (3.93 away)

Bills217 just missed with 563.85 (4.79 away)

Since I didn't play as many hours as I expected, I'm gonna change the prize a little.

Sept. 23rd at 1630 hours is a HORSE tournament in the WCOOP - tourny number 8.

Optimus Prime would have gotten 40% of a $110 tourny and 1C5 would have gotten 40% of a $55 tourny - but I'll play the HORSE and share:

Optimus Prime has a 20% stake in any winnings

1C5 has a 10% stake in any winnings

and I'll include Bills217 for a 5% stake in any winnings

Hope this is cool with everybody - thanks for playing.

I play as Zimba on PokerStars. Good luck to us all.

harboral 09-01-2006 12:10 PM

Re: Quest ends - winners announced

Good Luck in the HORSE Tournament, Dogmeat.