Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   We are pretty deep and I got the nuts............(live play) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=190830)

A_PLUS 08-19-2006 03:36 AM

We are pretty deep and I got the nuts............(live play)

Harrah's (AC) 175+25$.
2nd orbit, I have shown one hand down, where I limped JT on the button and called down an old women with J9 on a J high board for 900 chips. I also raised a bunch of limpers from the button, and won with a flop c-bet vs a guy who had seen 80% of the flops.

25/50 (3K starting stacks)
UG+1: (weak passive 30 something white guy) limps
UG+1 (Young Asian guy, chip tricks, seems confident, just got to the table) raises to 250.
Button (6100): (Late 20s white guy, I remember thinking he didnt understand PF hand values when he won a big pot last orbit) calls
Hero (5100): AA, raises to 1K

UG+1 hems and haws, counts out his chips, and folds.
Bu: calls pretty quickly

Flop (2275): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I have this guys stack if he has AK. Smaller PPs, I may win his bet with a C/R, or 2 bets if I check-call. I dont know how far he goes with AT-AQ. I dont think a flush draw is likely, but KQ-KJd are in his range, maybe even KT or QJ.

Whats my line?

bestcellar 08-19-2006 05:14 AM

Re: We are pretty deep and I got the nuts............(live play)

I think leading out is way better than C/R here, because you don't want to do anything to tip your strength yet. He will expect you to bet, maybe even be prepared to call a bet, and if he doesn't understand hand values, he may not even lay down an underpair or even something like KQ, reading you for a bluff or something. No reason to get fancy here, just bet this flop.

stokken 08-19-2006 08:04 AM

Agreed, if anything a c/r shuts down the action.
You raised he expects you to cont, Id bet 2/5 to 1/2 pot

NoahSD 08-19-2006 08:20 AM

Yeah... c/r seems like a good way to let him off of hands that he thinks are marginal, like AK/AQ/AJ-ish hands, so I lead.

Incidentally, what do you guys think of checking with your entire 3-betting range here against a good player?

Imrahil 08-19-2006 08:25 AM

The problem with leading out is that it looks too suspicious. There's 2k in the pot, you both have 2k left, and you bet 1k? Wouldn't it be better to just push? If that's too much then you have to check and slowplay this.

whynot? 08-19-2006 10:05 AM

assume by your writeup you have the ace of d - think that's relevant as if you do the flush draw possibilities goes down dramatically - having said that the way you described the button, means he could have alot of hands that you dont think he should at this point including a diamond draw

given this guy is probably a level one thinker, i think i lead this like a cbet - and see if you can get him to raise with aq, ak, maybe even aj

whynot? 08-19-2006 10:07 AM

doesnt think button is a great thinker (may be unfair translating pf hand value to post flop play but that's what i would do) - i think i lead for 800 - may look suspiscious but could also look like you leave yourself some room -

A_PLUS 08-19-2006 11:36 AM

Yes, I am sorry. I did have the Ad.

I don't really know much about the guys post flop play. I only had a general idea about his previous play. It included an out of position limp-call with an easily dominated hand. (we started with 3K, and he made a 250 OOP call with K8 or some trash).

Noah, this is a tough spot to extract anything against a good player. The range that they put 20% of their chips in (and the range the put us on) is so tight. You almost have to check, and hope to get some chips from AK, or QQ catches a Q on the turn. A good player will never have a flush draw here.

I led for 1200.

bobneptune 08-19-2006 11:48 AM

i'm half potting the flop and checking an non diamond turn.

whynot? 08-19-2006 11:50 AM

mybe its me but when i see a lead for more then half your stack and you're short to begin with im thnking really strong - i like the lower cbet>push>c/r>big cbet order personnally but only cus this guy didnt appear to be at the level of - if he's betting and only leaving 800 behind it very well might be a bluff because it obviously looks like a big hand

wn?