Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   turn bet check up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=188502)

dave44 08-16-2006 02:46 PM

turn bet check up

UTG is loose and passive.
BB just sat down and I have no stats on him.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Do you guys usually bet here or check behind and call a river bet, maybe folding to some crappy cards?

danzasmack 08-16-2006 03:16 PM

Re: turn bet check up

And those are the last euros i put in the pot. I don't always do this but i think it's fine against an unknown. he calls with a 5 here and I want to see a showdown usually.

I'm not crazy about pf

Evigt_Drabbad 08-16-2006 03:16 PM

i bet like 100% of the time there.. and fold to a raise normally :O

sui generis 08-16-2006 03:36 PM

definitely bet the turn against an unknown, fold to a c/r and take the free show down UI.

I don't really like pf either.

-eric

Moneyline 08-16-2006 10:14 PM

Preflop: I like raising here if the players behind you are tight, but if they are loose I'd rather just call, or perhaps even fold if they play very well.

Flop: Looks good.

Turn: I think you have to bet here to avoid giving a free card to a lone, crappy [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. On such a low flop it's quite possible BB flopped nothing but overcards, so a turn bet should frequently win you the pot right there.

Just my opinion...

The Bryce 08-17-2006 12:01 AM

If villain is the sort of player who can blast a club there are no good options. You're either going to have to give up a portion of the pot by being bluffed some of the time or give the pot away with a free card some of the time (if he doesn't auto-blast the river). In these situations I play to take the smallest loss and check behind. Against passive players I will bet and fold.

dave44 08-17-2006 10:54 AM

I think a lot of ground could be made in this problem if we were able to put BB on a range after his flop call. If his range is very wide, then I like a bet as there are many hands with 6 outs that will now fold. If it is tighter, than BB will usually have a better hand or a strong draw so I betting accomplishes significantly less with unknown postflop tendencies. In that case, I would rather check behind and look for a somewhat safe card to call a bet on.

Tough to put the guy on a range though.

The Funky Llama 08-17-2006 04:40 PM

how many of those 6 outers that would have folded would bluff the river if you check?

how often do you fold the best hand if you bet/fold the turn? How does this compare to the EV of folding a 6 outer?