Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fold QQ preflop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=184880)

Lunkan 08-12-2006 07:11 AM

Fold QQ preflop?

Both UTG and CO are tight passive players with UTG being really tight passive.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 11.5BB

My plan was to call and see if UTG would cap it. If he did I would c/f the flop unless I spiked my queen. If he did not I would c/r a non AK-flop.

However I got confused when UTG checked the flop so I ended up calling CO down.

juggler97531 08-12-2006 07:26 AM

Re: Fold QQ preflop?

what do you think about rising the flop when CO has bet to make UTG fold?
I think that, the pot is big and your cr may make him fold a hand which has outs against your queens. So even if you are behind here most of the time improving your winning chances in the big pot is good.

Xylocain 08-12-2006 07:50 AM

FWIW.
If they are tight, relatively SF players;
I would cap pf, and bet the flop. You are ahead of two hands (JJ, AK (UTG has AKs)) and behind KK, AA. I think AA/KK will raise the flop and you can c/f the turn UI. My guess is that JJ/AK will take a passive line.

But my answer might be nano-limit biased.

Genz 08-12-2006 08:08 AM

*grunch*

You are too weak in your thinking here, I think. If you are THAT sure, that UTG would only openraise with AA,KK you should drop QQ instantly. But that'd be rather insane, imo. Until further notice, I would assume that there is a good chance one or even both opponents hold AK, AQs and the like and then you are a big favorite. So I would bet the flop and see who raises. If it is 2 back to me, I start thinking about folding. Otherwise calldown unless an overcard appears.

TomTom 08-12-2006 08:24 AM

Put me in CO and I 3-bet 99 and up, plus AK and AQs. Obviously TT is off the table, and probably ATs too.

And capping PF is manditory to get UTG to fold.

Given that range I'd re-raise the flop and see the reaction. As played all you know is CO made his c-bet.

Str8Fish 08-12-2006 08:25 AM

wtf man... cap preflop... then bet/raise the flop... then we can give you an idea of how to proceed from there.

Sigurd 08-12-2006 08:57 AM

Capping preflop and betting/raising the flop. If one of them 3-bet me I'll begin thinking about folding.

Donkey Kong 08-12-2006 09:05 AM

Who's the tight passive (weak tight) one at this table?

Sorry, but if you are sure they'll only raise and 3-bet AA and KK you have to dump QQ preflop (I dont think you'll ever see two of those guys at a party 0.5/1 table though). The line you chose, however, doesnt gain you ANY information about the strength of your opponents hands. So now you found yourself lost and just calling down. with no clue about where you're at. Cap preflop and raise the flop!
Then lets see what happens...

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 08-12-2006 09:16 AM

cap preflop

c/r flop

c/r turn

c/r river

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 08-12-2006 09:18 AM

on reflection im actually at a loss as to what to do on the river.... maybe c/c?