Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   flopped set, unraised pot . . . standard yes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=183091)

yabastid 08-10-2006 02:46 AM

flopped set, unraised pot . . . standard yes?

Don't know villian. Doesn't seem moronic and hasn't done anything out of line. My gut said fold.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $200
CO: $117.25
Button: $77
SB: $356.70
yabastid: $422.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) yabastid is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, yabastid checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yabastid raises to $18</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yabastid bets $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $110</font>, yabastid folds.
Uncalled bets: $75 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $112

SEABEAST 08-10-2006 02:55 AM

Re: flopped set, unraised pot . . . standard yes?

You guys are pretty deep, can't you call and re-evaluate river? You have a bunch of outs vs straight, and he can definitely have two pair here imo.

brendons31 08-10-2006 03:03 AM

I agree with seabed, he could have a lot of hands you're beating, 2 pr, maybe he picked up a flush draw, and you have got outs against a made straight. Call and re-evaluate.

yabastid 08-10-2006 03:04 AM

I don't think there is a reevaluation on river. The board either pairs and maybe/probablly I stack him or I miss, he shoves and I fold. I don't think 2 pair is playing it like this on this board.

smartalecc5 08-10-2006 03:20 AM

I would make SB's play with Q8 or Q4 all day. Even 76 or any two pair combination.

shootaa 08-10-2006 03:23 AM

calllllllll

aejones 08-10-2006 03:25 AM

OMG I don't flop enough sets to fold one! Next time someone is going to fold a set please call me first and I will play it for you.

Sets make boats!

nairb09 08-10-2006 03:41 AM

Fairly brutal fold here. Even if you know he flopped a straight, you are still getting 2.5 to 1 to call and fill up. Add the implied odds when you fill up, and its a must call. Most importantly, you are ahead more often than you're not right now. Rarely in a 1/2 NL will the small blind flop a straight and bet out the pot. I think he turned 2 pair, because he probably reraises the flop with 2 pair if he's affraid of a straight draw. He also could have Q8 or Q4, open-ended and turned top pair. At this level guys push with all sorts of hands. Basicly, this situation is definatly +EV, so you have to be willing to get it in.

spexel 08-10-2006 05:13 AM

omg if you fold this i just dont want to know how easily you fold AA on the flop.... CALLL!!!

TalentedTom 08-10-2006 06:02 AM

2 pair or queen + straight draw is far more likley... this is a really weak fold, you'r either a big favorate or a mediocre underdog. you give up a ton of equity by folding.

this is only standard by ways of weak-tights