Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Fresh new start Advice would be helpful (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=182841)

Robbie01 08-09-2006 09:10 PM

Fresh new start Advice would be helpful

Ok i am going to start fresh playing ONLY NL holdem. I will not be playing Sit and go's or limit. i am a fair player at low limit and would like advice on bankroll management and the level to start playing. will depositing 200 to 300 dollars be enough? plus i am going to try to never tilt and play my best game for at least 3 months then see where im at tx any advice?

beavens 08-09-2006 09:11 PM

Re: Fresh new start Advice would be helpful

i believe that a BR of 250 is enough to play 25NL

Miyogi 08-09-2006 11:07 PM

If you decide that on 3 months and 1 day you can't take it anymore and just have to tilt then let me know! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] $300 is a good amount to start out with for the $25 games. If you are losing a large amount of that money then it is likely due to poor play/leaks in your game. Also, if you dont' have them already spend the money and get poker tracker and poker ace hud.

TheProbst 08-10-2006 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok i am going to start fresh playing ONLY NL holdem. I will not be playing Sit and go's or limit. i am a fair player at low limit and would like advice on bankroll management and the level to start playing. will depositing 200 to 300 dollars be enough? plus i am going to try to never tilt and play my best game for at least 3 months then see where im at tx any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start on Stars playing 10NL until you have 500. This will both improve your game and allow you to have a decent bankroll for the 25s. Variance is a bitch sometimes, especially if youre not one of the better players at your given limit. Another option is to play the 25s and if you lose 4 or 5 buyins (due to variance/bad play) then move down to the 10s. I would reccomend going with my first plan of action however to both build confidence and a strong roll.

Brent. 08-10-2006 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Start on Stars playing 10NL until you have 500. This will both improve your game and allow you to have a decent bankroll for the 25s. Variance is a bitch sometimes, especially if youre not one of the better players at your given limit. Another option is to play the 25s and if you lose 4 or 5 buyins (due to variance/bad play) then move down to the 10s. I would reccomend going with my first plan of action however to both build confidence and a strong roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice for you, I think. Starting with 10 buy-ins at 25NL is more risky, but depending on the type of player/person you are maybe you could do it. Grinding 10NL is definitely the safer play if you really don't want to risk going broke. Good luck.