Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   At what M is an add-on not a good value in a rebuy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=182757)

codewarrior 08-09-2006 06:57 PM

At what M is an add-on not a good value in a rebuy?

Subject says it all. I'm sure it has to do with your M relative to others at your table, combined with your overall standing. Any rule of thumb?

NoahSD 08-09-2006 07:03 PM

Re: At what M is an add-on not a good value in a rebuy?

There's no hard and fast rule with a specific M, it has much more to do with payout structure and stack sizes of everyone in the tournament and stuff. As a general rule of thumb, always add-on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

RichC. 08-09-2006 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no hard and fast rule with a specific M, it has much more to do with payout structure and stack sizes of everyone in the tournament and stuff. As a general rule of thumb, always add-on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I always add-on, whether i have 10k or 50k, doesnt matter.

funpokerguy 08-09-2006 07:20 PM

I think it would depend on how much the add-on was, how many more chips it got you and what your original starting chips were.

But,I always add-on anyways.

codewarrior 08-09-2006 07:30 PM

Thanks for all the replies. That's what I've done in the past, wasn't sure if it was correct.

ajmargarine 08-09-2006 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I always add-on, whether i have 10k or 50k, doesnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say typical stars tourney, you got 50k and are top 5 in chips at the add-on period. Avg stacks of say 9k or so, and you're adding on 2k in chips. Seems like a waste of $$$ to me. I assume you were exaggerating a bit; but, there should be a chip level where you are top 10 in chips or whatever, where adding on is pretty pointless.

JCool 08-09-2006 08:14 PM

Regardless of how many chips you have, if you can addon 2k chips for the cost of 1.5k, like at Stars, it seems like it should be, by definition, +EV.

Colombo 08-09-2006 08:24 PM

I always add on. 2k chips is 2k chips, might as well take em. Plus, its not like the addon kills your roi or anything.

woodguy 08-09-2006 08:44 PM

I think Fossilman once had a proof that you should add on unless you have at least 10% of the chips in play.

That's my fuzzy memory of one of the first posts I ever read here.

Regards,
Woodguy

Neuge 08-09-2006 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Fossilman once had a proof that you should add on unless you have at least 10% of the chips in play.

That's my fuzzy memory of one of the first posts I ever read here.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]I remember reading something like that, but it was that he said you should add-on unless you had what would be an average stack when the bubble burst.

It may have even been meant the final table bubble, I can't remember, but that would jive with this 10% thing of which you speak.