Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sirius question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179125)

TimTimSalabim 08-05-2006 12:54 AM

Sirius question

Is the ME being covered by Sirius?

pdjplano 08-05-2006 12:57 AM

Re: Sirius question

yes, channel 125.. bluff magazine radio coverage... good stuff, most addicting, horrible phone calls from clueless truckers notwithstanding..

TimTimSalabim 08-05-2006 01:08 AM

Thanks. I might have to get me one of those receivers.

Dynasty 08-05-2006 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a serious quesiton?

TimTimSalabim 08-05-2006 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a serious quesiton?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was, and I was trying to be punny at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Nepa 08-05-2006 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, channel 125.. bluff magazine radio coverage... good stuff, most addicting, horrible phone calls from clueless truckers notwithstanding..

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct they could do alittle better screening the calls. Otherwise it is an addicting show. I hope sirius keeps them on everyday even after the WSOP ends.

The only thing I wish is that they started a 5 p.m. instead of 6. I'm not really into the ponies this time of the year.

whalekock 08-05-2006 02:24 AM

The Calls are the Best. If you set up a Poker room near a truck stop, any person with basic poker knowlege would clean up. Gary Wise, John Vorhaus, and Nick Eber are pretty good. Who knew that poker talk on Radio was a good Idea. Unfortunatly it ends after the WSOP.

Ace-Ex 08-05-2006 04:03 AM

Every trucker who calls in tells the hosts about his/her plan to play at the ME next year. Then they ask if a straight beats a flush.

whalekock 08-05-2006 10:32 AM

My favorite calls were:
1. Guy asks if some sort of Committee is going to meet to change the hand rankings of Poker. He thinks that flushes and straights should be worth less than two pair.
2. Guy calls in to tell Bad Beat Story. Calls all the way to the River with a Qx. Not pair of Queens but Queen high. There was an Ace on the Board. Apparently he hasn't learned the concept of folding.
3. Guy calls in and describes player's image as "Tighter than a Man's Anus" Host start asking him how tight are men's anus' and how he knows this.

Hopefully this show will be picked up after the WSOP. Because whenever you are doubting you abilities, just wait for the next caller or two.

Kevmath 08-05-2006 11:38 AM

I thought there was a weekly Bluff Radio show on Sirius.