Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Phil Helmuth disrespect (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175655)

chezwiz75 07-31-2006 10:30 PM

Phil Helmuth disrespect

Let me first start by saying that I am not a big Helmuth fan. I do give him credit for his wins. I was playing day 2b when he busted and the guy on the PA announced that he had busted very snotty like so that everyone could cheer. I couldn't even bring myself to cheer because I thought that this was very disrespectful to someone that had just won their tenth bracelet. Hours later when Doyle busted there was some cheering but it was the respect filled cheering. They waited till he was out of the room and announced it then brought him back in for some more respect and cheering. Now I know that Doyle has been around for decades but if anyone is keeping score Helmuth does have as many braclets as Doyle. I just think it was in pretty bad taste the way they handled it. It also makes me sick to stick up for Phil.

Sponger. 07-31-2006 10:32 PM

Re: Phil Helmuth disrespect

From what I have seen, as a person, Phil Helmuth doesn't deserve any respect.

Yo Adrians! 07-31-2006 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Like you know him. You can't even spell his name correctly. You could maybe say that, at the table, he's a brat sometimes. But away from the table? I'm wondering what experiences you've had with him to make this statement.

Shroomy 07-31-2006 10:43 PM

Why do people try to find a corelation between when someone does somthing well and what kind of person they are?

Yes Phill is a bratt in every aspect of the word. big deal, he is a poker player not a politician (he doesnt lie convincing enough)

He just needs to meet with Terrell Owens and complain to each other how they are so misunderstood

kyro 08-01-2006 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Like you know him. You can't even spell his name correctly. You could maybe say that, at the table, he's a brat sometimes. But away from the table? I'm wondering what experiences you've had with him to make this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure his disclaimer "from what I have seen" covers his ass.

LeatherFace 08-01-2006 12:12 AM

Phil Helmuth is just such a baby it is hilarious. I love to watch him on TV. As for the people celebrating when he got knocked out, well, hellmuth earned it.

Sponger. 08-01-2006 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure his disclaimer "from what I have seen" covers his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have also put a disclaimer that I only spelled his name exactly how it was spelled in this thread and that 1) I don't really know how it is spelled and 2) It doesn't even [censored] matter anyways

Farfenugen 08-01-2006 12:16 AM

Phil Hellmuth builds his image so that he can make more money.

He can f-ing deal with the cons of making an ass of himself at the table. I don't feel sorry for him.

Sponger. 08-01-2006 12:26 AM

"It is not who i am underneath, but what i do that defines me"

http://sorenz.dk/Film%202004/Christi...e%20Batman.JPG

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Daliman 08-01-2006 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth builds his image so that he can make more money.

He can f-ing deal with the cons of making an ass of himself at the table. I don't feel sorry for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he just doesn't work on getting better about berating opponents because he thinks it makes him even MORE visible and marketable, but I think he has likely hit a mass density of recognition he can get from being an ass, and to an extent has realized it, and really tries hard to be better but now can't help it. Seeing him on the WPT bad Boys 2, you almost felt sorry for all the chit they were giving him, also on High stakes poker. I'm sure he hates being known as King of the tourney donks, and wants to be recognized as not only a great poker player overall, but a great human being too.

He has not only made his bed, but he has also capitalized heavily on it, so whatever comes with it, IMHO, he deserves.