Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200 NL big draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175175)

ssmallz 07-31-2006 12:35 PM

200 NL big draw

I'm pretty sure I f'd this one up pretty bad but I'm curious to here what the other posters think

1-2 200 max buy in @ Mirage.

3 limpers to me w/Ac2c I limp in lp, sb and bb complete.

Flop KcJc2d

Ep leads $6 @ the pot. Ep is a young white boy w/drunken tourist written all over him. Both limpers call and I make it 30 to go. The limpers are both pretty bad and will call his flop bet w/any pair and any draw.

EP has me covered and the 2 limpers are prolly shorter stacked than me but I don't remember exactly. I've got about 150 behind @ the start of this hand. I really feel I should have just pushed on the flop and let them call if they want.

Thoughts

z28dreams 07-31-2006 12:51 PM

Re: 200 NL big draw

Raise looks fine. Nut flush draw + a pair and some weak limpers.

They are passive w/ the flop call, but will they let go of their hands to a raise?

Also, a call isn't awful here because:

(a) you're OOP so if you miss on turn you're less likely to get a 'free' card

(b) the pot is giving you pretty good odds as it is

FWIW, I normally raise though, as I prefer aggression.

ssmallz 07-31-2006 12:58 PM

I'm in position on the turn

ThePortuguee 07-31-2006 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in position on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I like. However I think the raise is more for value than anything else. Seems unlikely given your reads that anyone's folding anything, so figure you have >33% pot equity and are likely ot be investing <33% of the money in this pot. Raise looks good to me. Check turn behind for free card if you don't improve, and value bet strong when you hit.

ssmallz 07-31-2006 01:18 PM

It was more a debate of do I raise 30 for value and the free card or do I push b/c I likely have 14 outs + FE if I do. I can get him to lay down a lot of kings if I push and he's def limping w/a lot of em pf.

MrMxyztplk 07-31-2006 03:54 PM

Do you think EP will give action if a club hits on the turn?
Do you think either limper will overcall your flop raise with a marginal hand/draw?
If you raise to 30, do you think you're good if the A hits?

If yes to most, I prefer the raise to 30. If no to most, then I prefer the push.

EDIT: Also, what kind of hands do you expect EP to call with if you push? If your FE is really good on the push, then it's a good pot to take down right away.

ssmallz 07-31-2006 06:46 PM

Do you think EP will give action if a club hits on the turn?

Prolly not, he'll just check and call, might even check fold. However, if one of the limpers has a flush draw, I'm taking their stacks. These aren't the types of people to get rid of a made flush.

Do you think either limper will overcall your flop raise with a marginal hand/draw?

They might overcall w/a flush draw but I'm making a pretty big statement w/a flop raise like that. The bettor is likely to call but the 2 callers will prolly fold

If you raise to 30, do you think you're good if the A hits?

I think I'm good close to 100% of the time if the A hits.

Concerning fold equity

I think I fold most TP hands except for AK, I doubt he holds a set but its certainly possible and of course he calls w/that too as well as 2 pair. If I'm really lucky I might get a call from a flushdraw looking to get all in.

After thinking about the hand I kind of agree w/your last point. The pots already got 15 bbs in there so its a decent sized pot. When I push, I'd rather not be called but I'm not too upset if I do.