Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   LARGE gaybet on turn scare card... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174264)

smartalecc5 07-30-2006 05:49 AM

LARGE gaybet on turn scare card...

Villain in this hand is nothing special. I don't think he is that good but who knows. Don't have enough hands on him to make any conclusions about him.

When I was making my decision on the turn I typed "do you have the ace". He simply responded with a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

wtf????

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($45)
CO ($72)
Hero ($298.49)
SB ($131.89)
BB ($258.29)
UTG ($145.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $8, CO folds.

Flop: ($25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17</font>, UTG calls $15.

Turn: ($59) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain pushes for $118. Hero...

Renixe 07-30-2006 06:19 AM

Re: LARGE gaybet on turn scare card...

dont see you beating much here and no odds to draw. with no reads this is a clear fold.

smartalecc5 07-30-2006 06:22 AM

Putting yourself in villains shoes, you just hit your overcard, is pushing all in the way to extract maximum? What about your flush?

Renixe 07-30-2006 06:29 AM

i hear this question asked a lot, and it's a pertinent question, but doesn't apply as much to these lower limit hands where unoptimal lines like this get used all day.
against a tag ABC player who you know is logical and solid, sure, ask this question and you will most often figure out where he's at.

but against someone with no reads, i default to the standard. i honestly cant tell you if he was weakleading a set on the flop, and then got scared on the diamond and pushed in to protect his hand. or, maybe he made two pair and he wants protection against a 4th diamond. in a vacuum, i look at my hand, i beat nothing, i dont get odds to draw, im not sure where my opponent is at, i'm folding.

Arito 07-30-2006 06:45 AM

Perhaps he thought you had an overpair to the flop lower than AA, because you raised his flopbet and were the preflop raiser? You couldn't have raise with AKd because of the turn so this seems like a card that shouldn't have hit you. I'd still fold though.

Morrek 07-30-2006 06:48 AM

Raise 25-30 on the flop. Fold turn unless you think he's bluffing(without the ace) a LARGE percent of the time.

rebuyboy 07-30-2006 07:17 AM

Raise to 12 preflop and when he minbets, pot it which would be a raise to 35 or so.

ArturiusX 07-30-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise 25-30 on the flop. Fold turn unless you think he's bluffing(without the ace) a LARGE percent of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't need to be a large percetange of the time, just some of the time.

Morrek 07-30-2006 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't need to be a large percetange of the time, just some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant like, 35-40% or so for it to be a breakeven play. That's a pretty large percentage imo, usually bluffs are alot less common w/o reads in these situations

ArturiusX 07-30-2006 09:51 AM

I say, if you're running well, call, if you're running bad, fold.