Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3 loose hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=170934)

DavidC 07-25-2006 11:31 PM

3 loose hands

Edit: I'm kinda curious if these are OK preflop. By OK I mean close between a call and a fold (within maybe 0.1 bb/hand).

Hand 1:

Limper and BB are 47/13, SB is 47/18.

6-handed. 5/10 6m party poker.

utg folds, mp limps, co folds, hero limps button A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB completes, BB checks.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

three checks, hero bets.

Edit: Intending to fold to a raise.

-----------------------------

Hand 2:

6-players
utg (35/10 after 35) and mp (80/5 after 35) limp, co folds, button folds, hero completes the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB (65/15 after 35) checks.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB, UTG and MP call.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 playres, 4 BB).

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, hero folds.

------------------------

Hand 3:

6-handed

utg folds. Hero is in MP with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO is 63/16 after 30, Button is 36/10 after 49, SB is 80/10 after 31 and is on a hot streak, BB only has 9 hands but probably is less than 70% vpip and less than 50% pfr.

hero calls, co folds, button calls, sb completes, bb checks.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, hero raises

Edit: Intending to jam it on the flop three-ways, or to call and raise the turn vs BB HU.

RunDownHouse 07-25-2006 11:42 PM

Re: 3 loose hands

In hand one I hate folding to a raise. You may get popped by all kinds of crap you beat because they think you're taking a stab, and you're going to be splitting with a lot of better hands after the turn.

Kwaz 07-25-2006 11:46 PM

Hand 1. No one's c/ring.
Hand 2. Call the turn.
Hand 3. You want the villians to be aggressive post flop (on top of passive preflop) in order to pull the preflop limp.

DavidC 07-25-2006 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In hand one I hate folding to a raise. You may get popped by all kinds of crap you beat because they think you're taking a stab, and you're going to be splitting with a lot of better hands after the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, good point. I'll think this over.

DavidC 07-26-2006 03:24 AM

I looked at the 66 hand.

OOC, how much equity do you have, on average, when you flop a set with 66?

Is 65% a good number, or is it closer to 75%?

--Dave.

DavidC 07-26-2006 03:01 PM

bump bump [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at the 66 hand.

OOC, how much equity do you have, on average, when you flop a set with 66?

Is 65% a good number, or is it closer to 75%?

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heisenb3rg 07-26-2006 03:22 PM

Hand 1 :
I fold PF, Axo below 8 loses a lot of value if the pot is multiway. I used to play these to a caller, but noticed a loss in PT under this situation.

Flop is tough to play, I guess that's okay, few people check raise these flops without a good hand. But it's not very rare. Just one reason why its tough to play Axo..

Hand 2 - Id fold too, you're clearly not calling the river unless you hit your ace or OESD. Two of those 11 outs are garbage. Out of the 9 outs, the aces is no good often, and the 7 splits/loses enough to I think discount your total outs to about 7. I think if you were closing the betting it would be basically break even, but the big fact is 2-3 people have yet to act after you. For all you know this could be raised behind you.

Hand 3 - I raise 66 first in, in MP ,in games that aren't very loose.
Flop I like, JT flops hit soo many hands including many hands that have outs to beat you. You'll get payed off from pairs and drawing hands a like.

Gravy 07-26-2006 04:48 PM

Hand 1: fold preflop, not even close

Hand 2: c/r or c/c the flop depending on action

Hand 3: i'd raise preflop if i'm going to play here.

Big Poppa Smurf 07-26-2006 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: fold preflop, not even close

Hand 2: c/r or c/c the flop depending on action

Hand 3: i'd raise preflop if i'm going to play here. /quote]