Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Best fantasy football mag for drafting? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=170647)

TreyWilly 07-25-2006 05:23 PM

Best fantasy football mag for drafting?

The market is flooded, and I think ESPN and SI do theirs more for entertainment.

Anyone have a standby? I haven't cashed in years.

freerollin 07-25-2006 09:06 PM

Re: Best fantasy football mag for drafting?

this is my 7th year playing fantasy and i have cashed the last 4 years straight, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd. the best fantasy mag hands down is the one put out by Sportingnews. i also get the one from Fanball.com, its not quite as good the one from Sportingnews, but the writing is hilarious, insightful and i think its good to see some different opinions on things

4 High 07-25-2006 11:43 PM

CBS Sportsline is g00t for Baseball, im gunna check out Football if they do one.

crockpot 07-26-2006 12:02 AM

i would go with pro football prospectus (book). i don't think any football magazine out there will tell you anything you don't already know if you read espn.com's fantasy materials, plus they might be out of date with regard to position battles. PFP is based on actual data analysis and not guesses. either way, there is so much variance in FF that PFP will only give you a small edge over drafting blindly.

wiper 07-26-2006 12:31 AM

fantasy football index is the only choice here.

detailed reviews of each team's strengths fantasy-wise, offensive line reviews, defense reviews...

it's a weeks' worth of material, unless you take more than 1-2 'restroom breaks' a day..

TreyWilly 07-26-2006 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a weeks' worth of material, unless you take more than 1-2 'restroom breaks' a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. My Dell catalog is starting to get a bit repetitive.

As far as up-to-date stats are concerned, would you all recommend a website instead, one that updates regularly? If so, which one? They don't need to be free.

CharlieDontSurf 07-26-2006 02:08 AM

watching pre-season and reading up on team webpages/newspapers is more valuable then up to the minute cheat sheets etc that you'll find on espn.

Fantasy Football Index is a good one...and there is another that I'm forgetting
maybe its FFI but there is one that has in big letters 400 or 500 players reviewed/ranked etc.

Bluff Daddy 07-26-2006 05:56 AM

read everything on www.fantasyfootballcafe.com its like 2+2 for fantasy fball and you can do mock drafts on www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com to get a good idea of where most players will be goin

Dynasty 07-26-2006 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
read everything on www.fantasyfootballcafe.com its like 2+2 for fantasy fball...

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 of fantasy football is www.footballguys.com.

Magazines are terrible. They're woefully out of date.

hiho 07-27-2006 09:45 PM

I think that this is the best guide out there Best Fantasy Football Guide
Its over 90 pages of up to date info in a really great format.