Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Moving Up Levels (Sit & Go) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=169079)

DonkdHound 07-23-2006 11:17 PM

Moving Up Levels (Sit & Go)

posted this in the STT forum as well, but figured someone here may have a good answer as well...

Well I have had some nice success playing the $6.50 turbos on stars, and also have dabbled in the 16's, but I haven’t played many 16s. I play poker basically for a couple of hundred a week to buy some gear and have some extra flow while I go to school.

I am definitely not going to be invited to the “Ship It Holla Mansion” anytime soon for my skills, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how much ROI usually drops for those that have successfully made a transition to the 16's... just looking to up my win rate a little bit now that the school year is around the corner so I can earn some loot for some new gear and have some loot in my pocket.

Thanks for any insights

Dazarath 07-23-2006 11:22 PM

Re: Moving Up Levels (Sit & Go)

In the 1-table tournaments forum, there's an FAQ.

Demiparadigm 07-23-2006 11:46 PM

in before "lol donkaments"

Pog0 07-24-2006 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
posted this in the STT forum as well, but figured someone here may have a good answer as well...

Well I have had some nice success playing the $6.50 turbos on stars, and also have dabbled in the 16's, but I haven’t played many 16s. I play poker basically for a couple of hundred a week to buy some gear and have some extra flow while I go to school.

I am definitely not going to be invited to the “Ship It Holla Mansion” anytime soon for my skills, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how much ROI usually drops for those that have successfully made a transition to the 16's... just looking to up my win rate a little bit now that the school year is around the corner so I can earn some loot for some new gear and have some loot in my pocket.

Thanks for any insights

[/ QUOTE ]

My best estimate would be that your ROI should go up in this transition. the cheapass SNGs will be full of super-tight nits playing with the last of their pension. When you hit up the 16s, these people typically have less care for their money and just want to get some action.

Good luck, this transition should quadruple your hourly rate to about $4.

livenowson 07-24-2006 12:23 AM

how much gear can you buy playing the 6.5s?

headturner1 07-24-2006 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it really just depends on what kind of gear you speak of.

DonkdHound 07-24-2006 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

50 per day @ 22% ROI = $70 a day (I 8 table)
I play 6 days a week = 70 x 6 = $420

I basically just go pure abercrombie, nothing too serious obv